Routt County, Colorado
Are you a purchasing professional looking for quality of life and a way to serve your community? Do you love working with people in support of a higher purpose? Routt County could use your expertise!
Routt County seeks an experienced Purchasing Agent/Buyer to sustain and support the County’s operational needs. The purpose of the position is to manage the planning and procurement of goods and services and the disposal of surplus supplies and equipment.
We are seeking a professional to work in an innovative and collaborative environment, pursuing the highest quality customer service for our internal and external customers.
Join our team and collaborate in partnership with County departments to enhance the quality of life for County residents.
This is accomplished by developing policies and procedures; evaluating and processing requisitions, procuring materials, supplies and services; administering contracts; managing materials, properties, surplus and inventories; and providing administrative direction.
- This position initiates, reviews, coordinates and prepares bids, RFP’s and purchase orders.
- Reviews, administers contracts, monitors and assists departments with compliance of purchasing policies.
- Other duties include reviewing and assessing department workloads and presenting information to staff, commissioners and other officials.
- The position requires an Associate’s degree in business, administration, or related field; additional education and training in the field of purchasing; five years of experience in purchasing or related business; or a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Expected to have or be able to obtain NIGP Purchasing Buyer Certification (Certified Public Purchasing Buyer or CPPB) within three years of employment with County.
- Maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License, Class C, in order to operate a County vehicle.
Hiring Salary Range is $58,406 to $66,685 annually with an excellent benefit package.
A cover letter, resume, and a Routt County Application must be received before 3 pm, December 4, 2017. The Routt County Application is available in the Routt County Human Resources Office, 136 6th Street, Steamboat Springs, or can be emailed to a prospective applicant, or you can access it at www.co.routt.co.us. Failure to submit all of the above paperwork will disqualify your application.
Deliver to: Human Resources, Attn: Purchasing Agent/Buyer, 136 6th Street, Steamboat Springs, CO; e-mail HumanResources@co.routt.co.us or fax to 970-870-5362. Applications can be mailed to P.O. Box 773598, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477-3598.