Budget Analyst Senior
If so, then your search may be over.
Multnomah County’s Central Budget Office is seeking an experienced Budget Analyst Senior to join it’s team. In this role you will:
- Assist in the preparation of the County’s annual budget and support the Chair, Board of County Commissioners, and County leadership with their budgeting decisions.
- Assist with budget and financial systems trainings.
- Prepare or lead complex, countywide studies, and projects related to financial and operational issues and budget development.
- Analyze potential impacts from County policy and state legislative changes.
- Perform ad hoc budget and financial analyses and forecasts.
- Monitor budgeted expenditures and revenues versus actuals.
- Provide costing support for labor negotiations during collective bargaining.
- Provide data-driven, strategic advice regarding County finances and operations.
- Prepare reports, memos, graphics, and tables to communicate results of analyses.
- Present orally and in writing the results of complex financial analysis and recommendations to internal and external audiences.
- Maintain spreadsheets and assist with maintenance and support of County-wide budget and financial systems.
- Serve as a technical resource and management consultant to County departments.
- Assist in the development of communication strategies, process design and planning support.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Department of County Management leaders, Elected Officials, and other County Department Directors and leaders.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal/external customers and stakeholders.