The City of Hillsboro is growing great things – including people and careers!
The only thing missing is an HR leader who can cultivate this growth through creativity, collaboration and enthusiastic leadership. Could this be you?
The City of Hillsboro is excited to announce a unique HR Manager position that merges the people-intensive functions of recruitment and selection with learning and development. This is your opportunity to help us recruit and select a talented, diverse workforce and provide learning and development opportunities that help our employees thrive and serve the Hillsboro community in an exceptional way.
The work portfolio includes full cycle recruitment/selection including outreach, onboarding, new hire orientation, workforce planning, employee and leadership development, performance planning and evaluation, career development, team interventions, and leadership coaching/consultation.
A day in the life of the Recruitment, Learning and Development Manager is fun, busy and rewarding! Here’s a snapshot…
- Leading the agency’s efforts to conduct equitable hiring and build a workforce reflective of the community we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our City and services;
- Partnering with managers on recruitments and workforce planning, creating/implementing action plans to address identified gaps;
- Leading the collaboration, design and implementation of creative approaches to recruitment/selection to maintain delivery of high-quality services to its residents and prepare to meet future demands;
- Developing new recruitment channels and leveraging technology;
- Utilizing data to make informed decisions and sound recommendations regarding program areas;
- Curating internal and external training resources to deliver learning and development experiences that are responsive to the City’s work, culture and identified training needs;
- Providing internal consultation and team intervention services;
- In partnership with employee relations colleagues providing consultation to managers and employees regarding performance and behavioral effectiveness;
- In partnership with the HR Director set the vision and develop a comprehensive and sustainable Learning and Development program;
- Identifying and assessing future training needs through job analysis, career paths and other methods in consultation with department managers;
- Managing the monthly training calendar, and monitoring and evaluating training program effectiveness and success;
- Fostering a fun, positive and productive work environment for direct reports through clear communication, responsiveness to team member’s needs, and setting clear performance expectations;
- Supporting community outreach through participation at job fairs, employer spotlights and various events.
Please visit the website at Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs for more information and a link to apply online. If you are unable to apply online you may:
- Download and print the Application Packet TM (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) from our website.
- Pick up application materials from the City of Hillsboro Human Resources Department, 150 E Main St. Floor 2, Hillsboro, OR 97123. Office hours are Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.