The purpose of this position is to lead, direct and manage the planning, development, design and construction of new building/facility and building/facility renovation projects in the City of College Station.
- Develop solicitations and lead the selection process for professional consultants for use on facility projects with input and collaboration from members of the Management Team and other internal stake holders.
- Collaborate and coordinate directly with the Department Director or Chief at the City who will ultimately manage the staff, operations and/or programs to be located at this facilities.
- Manage project scopes, schedule and budgets for new building/facility and building/facility renovation projects.
- Assist other departments in the City with determining space needs, site selection and the development of facility programs.
- Assist other departments in reviewing milestone submittals during the design phase and providing comments in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight and construction administration during the construction phase of the project, and review construction material test reports.
- Manage the professional consultant and construction contractor contracts during all phases of the project life cycle – planning, design and construction.
- Review and approve pay applications from consultants and constructions during all phases of the project.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates email resume/cover letter to: ProjectManagerVDC@cstx.gov