This company was nominated for a 2017 Haverford Award! Each year, ELGL recognizes the best companies working in partnership with local government. Nominate or upvote a company today!
- PlaceSpeak Inc.
Company web address:
Company Twitter handle:
Company LinkedIn profile:
Primary contact for ELGL members (full name + email address):
- Colleen Hardwick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Write a haiku about your services:
- collect relevant
feedback from people
within specific regions
Now share two sentences about what you do:
- From city planning and transportation infrastructure to school districts and budgets, decision-makers need to know that they are hearing from real, relevant citizens within affected communities.
- PlaceSpeak is an award-winning, location-based citizen engagement platform designed to facilitate online consultations with people within specific geographic or jurisdictional boundaries, such as cities, neighbourhoods, regions, and more.
If your CEO were a character on “West Wing,” who would they be and why?
- Sam Seaborn. Relentlessly optimistic, hopeful and driven despite facing down political cynicism and declining public trust, PlaceSpeak Founder and CEO Colleen Hardwick channels her inner Sam by envisioning the potential for genuine dialogue between decision-makers and citizens. By creating technology that supports transparent, accountable and defensible public policy decisions, people are empowered to have an impact on the communities where they live, work, and play.
Please name two ELGL member local governments that use your product/service.
- Unfortunately, not applicable at present.
- We’d love to work with more member local governments!