The San Miguel (Colorado) Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART) composed of member jurisdictions of San Miguel County and the Towns of Telluride and Mountain Village seeks candidates to serve as the first Executive Director of the newly created transportation authority. The Authority serves a dynamic, progressive resort community surrounded by beautiful mountains, plateaus, and ranch lands. Located in Western Colorado, the region is rich in history and includes the world class Telluride Ski Resort. Residents enjoy excellent schools, high quality municipal services, and access to extensive public lands. Easily accessible outdoor activities include hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, skiing (both nordic and alpine), snow shoeing, and four-wheel driving. Numerous festivals and social activities are also available.
Candidates must have the following:
- Successful overall management of a general municipal organization and/or management of transportation operations with the desire to develop and implement innovative approaches to the current mix of transportation services.
- A collaborative, consensus-building, visionary with approachable personal style with elected officials, residents, businesses and employees.
- Extremely well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsible transit executive level experience.
- Assistant Director experience in a larger transit system will also be considered as will any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform at an executive level.
- A Master’s degree in public administration, business administration, engineering, planning or other advanced executive level training is desired.
Apply online with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by April 14 to the attention of Sarah McKee or Cristi Musser 630 Dundee Road, Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240.