The City seeks an experienced leader to serve as City Assessor. This is a complex managerial and administrative position working closely with the Mayor, Assessor’s Office staff, and other City Departments to develop and maintain accurate and timely property value information for tax purposes, and to serve as a focal point linking many aspects of the City’s property-related information systems. The City Assessor must possess strong and proven leadership competencies.
Candidate must have:
- An inclusive managerial style.
- Clear, concise, and open communication skills.
- The background and knowledge to lead staff and collaborate with other City Departments regarding property-related information systems of the City.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, appraisal, public administration or accounting.
- 10 or more years of experience in commercial and residential valuation is required.
Candidates should apply online by April 5, 2017 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240