The Olympics are almost here and nothing renews my Olympic fervor like reading a history blog about the Olympics. Today I discovered that every one of us ELGLers could have once competed in the Olympic games? How you ask? Because at one time City Planning was an Olympic sport. Yes, you could get a Gold Medal in Town Design and planning. Sign me up and let me walk in the Opening Ceremony because I am about to rock the Olympic world with my Town Planning Gold Medal Performance. Maybe it’s time for an #ELGLOlympics ?
What I’m Doing: Getting a website ready for launch.
What I’m Watching: Game of Thrones: Battle of the Bastards
What I’m Listening to: THIS – on repeat.
GOP Congressman Tries to Block Tubman $20, Says It’s “Racist” to Want Black People on Money: I just can’t even with these guys anymore…
Heavily-Armed Possible Vigilantes Arrested On Their Way To NYC To “Save A Friend Who Is On Heroin”: We are entering the age of vigilante justice.
So a Guy on a Horse Just Lassoed a Bike Thief in a Walmart Parking Lot: What is going on up there in Oregon?!
YouTube went down this morning for the first time in forever: I think this is one of the signs of the apocalypse.
Rory McIlroy Says He Won’t Attend Olympics Over Zika Concerns: Wait, golf is an olympic sport, too? Who’d of thought that?
June 21 to 24 – Association of Washington Cities Conference at Edward D. Hansen Conference Center, Everett WA
June 22 to 24 – WCMA & ILCMA Summer Conference at The Abbey, Fontana WI
June 30 – New (Fiscal) Year’s Eve Party at Lucky Lab Beer Hall, Portland OR
July 12 to 15 – OCCMA Summer Conference at Mt. Bachelor Village Resort, Bend
Local Gov Confidential
- Philadelphia becomes first major U.S. city to pass soda tax
- Rising to the Challenge: How 3 Public CIOs Are Confronting Major Mandates
- Wisconsin Aims to Unify the Customer Experience Online
- How Did Los Angeles Fall So Far Behind San Francisco?
- How New York Is Easing Access to Menstrual Hygiene Products
- Turning Subway Rides Into Performance Art
- The U.S. Cities Where Manufacturing Is Thriving
- Breaking: Columbus Wins $50 Million ‘Smart Cities Challenge’ Grant
- How Cairo’s Trash Problem Becomes Beautiful Fabric
- Milwaukee Suburb Allowed Unprecedented Water Diversion from Lake Michigan