Cracking the code – Corvallis land-use decisions can be frustrating for residents, challenging for developers.
Another Coastal Revival, but at What Cost? – Federal subsidies have allowed coastal communities to rebuild after storms, with little consideration of whether it makes sense to do so in disaster-prone areas.
The Fiscal Cliff
- Fiscal cliff negotiators are facing high hurdles
- Lame-duck session to avoid ‘fiscal cliff’ may affect homeowners
- ‘Fiscal cliff’ throws off experts’ year-end tax advice
- Oregon delegation seeks to avert ‘fiscal cliff’
- Back on Hill, Ryan Is Still a Fiscal Force
- Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District fills important voids
- ‘Walkable City’ review: Walking is key to a livable urban area
- Interim manager earned Lake Elsinore council’s praise
- TEMECULA: Employees dreaded going to work before suspensions, union says
- New city parking regulations might mean no more large units built
- Dispute clouds Eugene view lots
- Off-campus parties get Eugene council hearing
- City Council prepares to fill vacancy
- ACH to present its new merger plan to council
- San Francisco considers public nudity ban — with exceptions
RSVP: CFM Presents the Local Impact of the Fiscal Cliff – The Fiscal Cliff, Sequestration, PERS reform, CRC – What is the local impact?Join us to hear about the high profile issues that are likely to dominate the 113th Session of Congress and the 2013 Oregon State Legislative Session and the potential impact to local government.Thursday, November 29 from 11:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m. Madison Room at the Oregon Historical Society.
Must-Have Job Skills in 2013 – Even as employers remain cautious next year about every dollar spent on employees, they’ll also want workers to show greater skills and results.
20 reasons your co-workers don’t like you – So, do your bosses and co-workers like you or do they dread your arrival and make fun of you in the break room?
Three pieces of career advice that changed my life – Looking back over my career to date, I can identify at least three clear influences that forever altered my career path.
The Social Network
The Facebook Job Board Is Here: Recruiting Will Never Look The Same – Facebook announced its long-awaited job boardthis morning, ushering in a new era of online recruiting and, eventually, what’s likely to be an important new source of revenue for the company.
How to Find Top Tech Talent on Social Media – In today’s world of serial applicants, recruiters are having trouble finding top talent. Most recruitment processes are costly and ineffective.
10 Excellent iPad Apps You Should Download Right Now – Let’s face it, a lot of folks spend their days using their iPads to play Angry Birds and read their email. But your iPad can get you through the day in other ways, augmenting what you do with creative apps for both work and play.
Facebook: Mississippi Municipal League
Pinterest: Portland Magazine
Google+: Oregon State Ecampus