- 06.15.12 Knope of the Week
- Promoting the Profession While Promoting Your Career
- 06.22.12 Knope of the Week
- ELGL Forum with Charlie Hales, Portland Mayoral Candidate
- The Lightning Round with Anthony Petchel
- 06.26.12 The Morning Buzz
- Seven Signs You Bombed Your Interview
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts – Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference – Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
RSVP: ELGL Happy New (Fiscal) Year Social – Celebrate the start of FY 2013 and the recipient of the “Knope of the Year” award.
What Should Hillsboro Name Its New Baseball Team? Vote in the ELGL poll.
Join Opt In, Metro’s online opinion panel – Help shape the future of the region by joining Opt In, Metro’s online opinion panel. You’ll be entered into drawings to win gift cards, event tickets and more.
Clean Water Services Customer Awareness & Satisfaction Survey – Take a few minutes to let us know how we are doing, your feedback is appreciated!
The Secret Conservative War on Zoning – The controversial American Legislative Exchange Council appears to be behind a new effort to unravel local zoning and regulatory authority across the country.
Green Building’s Growing Pains – The proliferation of green building standards and evaluations mean more choices about which program to prioritize.
Hillsboro OKs contract to bring minor league baseball’s Yakima Bears to town – City leaders approved an agreement with the Yakima Bears to bring minor league baseball to Hillsboro next year.
Stockton, Calif., to become largest city to declare bankruptcy – Officials in Stockton said Tuesday that mediation with creditors has failed, meaning the Central California city is set to become the largest American city ever to declare bankruptcy.
Failing Job Search 101 – Some job applicants sail into interviews totally unprepared; knowing absolutely nothing about the company with which they’re talking.
On Our Radar: A Vision For Your Career? Set a vision statement for your career; tips from a beekeepers; Kilt Fridays for Pixar employees; more.
How to Look and Act Like a Leader – To reach the top, executives must learn how to exude “presence.” Some tips: Don’t nod your head and do clean up your look. For one vice president, an image makeover helped her gain the managerial gravitas that she needed.
Inside the UGB
- Sam Adams makes an unreasonable demand of TriMet
- Clackamas County commissioners agree to pay for outside legal counsel in Jim Bernard ethics complaint if it has no merit
- TriMet asks Portland City Council to delay or vote against Mayor Sam Adams’ plan for $2 million fee hike
- Portland City Council set to vote on income tax for arts
Outside the UGB
- Economic development group begins work
- Ashland looks at vacation rental reform
- Group explores ‘Dignity Village’ idea for Ashland
- EPUD cutting jobs to meet budget
- Harrisburg council president, volunteer dies at 69
- City’s sewer rates rise for third time this year
- Silverton Council passes budget
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium, Salem Kroc Center, Think Out Loud Twitter: Governing Dynamic, Brownfields 2013, Newsweek Pinterest: Oregon Zoo, The Word Brewery