- Who’s Next in the 2012 Issue and Speaker Series?
- Take the ELGL Five Minute Challenge
- 06.01.12 Knope of the Week
- ELGL Presents The Lightning Round
- The Lightning Round with Eric Chambers, City of Gresham
- Job Postings from UNC MPA Program
- 06.04.12 The Morning Buzz
- The State of Affordable Housing
- Job Posting: Oregon City
RSVP: Economist Dr. Thomas Potiowsky, June 13 – ELGL is hosting a luncheon with former State Economist and current Chair of the Portland State Economics Department, Dr. Thomas Potiowsky. The discussion will be on the US recovery and the new economic environment. This information will be relevant to long-term local government revenues and anyone interested in budgeting.
Talkin’ About My Generation with ELGL-Eugene – Please find the attached announcement regarding the upcoming lunch seminar scheduled for Thursday, June 21 in Springfield. Special thanks to Judy Williams at Lane County for putting the agenda together and Jeff Towery at Springfield for agreeing to host us next month.
Clackamas County, Oregon – Commissioner Community Roundtable – this Wednesday – Commissioner Community Roundtable – Development Services Building (DSB) Auditorium – 150 Beavercreek Rd., Oregon City, 5:30 p.m.
Stockton, Calif. May Be The Next City Driven To Bankruptcy By Bad Management And Unions – Add Stockton, California (population 292,000) to the list of cities bankrupted because of bad management and over-generous public union wages and benefits.
Federal employment drops after years of explosive growth – The federal government has started to trim its workforce, ending several years of explosive and controversial growth.
The Evolution of the Bike Lane – Bike infrastructure is changing, raising new questions about the best design.
What could I earn if I get an MPA/MPP? | NASPAA – Below are common U.S. salary inquires when prospective students are considering an MPA/MPP degree. This page answers: Is a Master’s degree worth it? Does my salary increase? How much would I make in the government/nonprofit/business sector?
Management Tip: Find Career Opportunities by Asking Questions – Asking the right questions is the key to finding innovative solutions to any problem, even finding a job. Instead of asking “What job can I find today?” what if you asked, “What kind of job can I create today?”
7 Ways To Disrupt Your Industry – Massive disruption is coming, and the only question is whether your firm is going to cause it or fall victim to it.
5 Leadership Behaviors Loyal Employees Trust – Is any relationship ever completely reciprocal? Not really, because one party always wields more power over the other.
All Hail the Generalist – We have become a society of specialists. Business thinkers point to “domain expertise” as an enduring source of advantage in today’s competitive environment. The logic is straightforward: learn more about your function, acquire “expert” status, and you’ll go further in your career.
Courageous Leaders Don’t Make Excuses…They Apologize – I’ve been thinking about the power of apology lately. I’ve been noticing that the people for whom I have the most respect don’t hesitate to say “I was wrong,” or “I’m sorry I…”
Inside the UGB
- Funding for maintenance should not be overlooked
- Metro area affordable housing group expands reach to Hillsboro
- Hillsboro technician makes sure city’s water is clean and safe
- Planning for gridlock on the Tualatin Valley Highway
- Portland officials say rule on anonymous garbage complaints intended for businesses violating container rule
Outside the UGB
- Councilor says one term is enough
- City says budget okay in short term
- Smart leadership can ease federal workers’ dissatisfaction with pay
- Seattle vs. Portland: Portland a ‘worldly experience,’ right here in U.S. – CNN.com
- Government workers keep on working after hours
- AP analysis: Inslee still vague on major issues
- City to draft plan for ongoing sustainability
- Bellingham tax hike for housing likely on November ballot
- Ruston council to vote on city classification
- Ashland council set to adopt city budget
How to create the ultimate LinkedIn profile in 6 steps – LinkedIn is the social network for business professionals and networking. With 161 millions members to date, it’s one of the most popular social networks. Are you using it to its fullest potential?
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Pinterest: Oregon League of Conservation Voters