- Save the Date: Happy New (Fiscal) Year Party is July 19
- 04.20.12 Knope of the Week
- ELGL in the Lake Oswego Review
- Job Posting: Assistant City Manager
- Growing Gap in Favorable Views of Federal, State Governments
- 04.26.12 The Afternoon Delight
Responsible Banking Resolution: Public Comment Requested – Portland City Council will consider the adoption of two resolutions related to its financial policies. Mayor Sam Adams is proposing a resolution that updates the City’s Investment Policy and an accompanying resolution dubbed “Responsible Banking.”
Land of Opportunity: Portland’s Economic Opportunities Analysis – The City’s Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS) recently released the latest draft of Portland’s Economic Opportunities Analysis (EOA), which is a long-range look at projected employment growth and land supply in Portland over the next 25 years.
You Can Prevent Silo Thinking – Management Tip of the Day – April 27, 2012
Intelligence Is Overrated: What You Really Need To Succeed – Albert Einstein’s was estimated at 160, Madonna’s is 140, and John F. Kennedy’s was only 119, but as it turns out, your IQ score pales in comparison with your EQ, MQ, and BQ scores when it comes to predicting your success.
Coping with Email Overload – A few weeks ago, I returned from a week-long technology-free vacation with my family. No computer, no phone, no email. When I got to the office and checked my computer, I had hundreds of email messages waiting for me.
Increase Your Team’s Motivation Five-Fold – In a famous experiment, researchers ran a lottery with a twist. Half the participants were randomly assigned a lottery number.
Inside the UGB
- Mayoral hopefuls asked: ‘Will building more bikeways be a priority for you?’
- Occupy Portland unveils May Day ‘land liberation,’ urges Sam Adams to restrain police
- Clean Water Services proposes a 4.4 percent sewer rate hike affecting nearly 536,000 Washington County residents
- Metro Council will hear proposals for privately funding convention center hotel
- Sparks fly at mayor’s debate
Outside the UGB
- “Pissing Match” by All politics is local | The Columbian
- Clackamas County commission endorsement: Schrader and Damon
- Eugene City Hall to be vacated in July 2012, future permanent location unknown
- Reardon, other top Snohomish County officials to get pay raises | Politics Northwest
- Whatcom County administration looking to make vehicle replacement more efficient
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Pinterest: USA TODAY College