- ELGL Special Forum with CEO of Strategic Government Resources
- ELGL Call for Resumes – Clarification
- Timbers Luncheon RSVP
- In the News: ELGL Plugging the Public Sector
- Job Posting: Assistant to the Village Manager
- 03.30.12 Knope of the Week
- 03.30.12 The Morning Buzz
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Pinterest: Jessica Struyk
Poll: Where’s the better place for minor league baseball in Portland area? Milwaukie and Hillsboro are exploring the possibility of building a ballpark to accommodate a Class-A minor league team that would belong to the Northwest League.
Oregon Secretary of State is working with John Kitzhaber and John Kroger on the Regulatory Streamlining and Simplification Initiative. We are eager to hear from business. Please consider taking this survey and passing it along. Survey link: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
How to Answer the ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ Interview Question – Don’t be afraid of this question; instead use it as an opportunity to position yourself for success.
This city is the best place to find a job – The Oklahoma City metro area comes in with the highest Job Creation Index Score, followed by Pittsburgh, PA, and Richmond, VA. The worst job markets in America belong to Providence, RI; Riverside, CA; and New York, NY.
The Secret Sauce of Teamwork – After its members understand their roles and how best to exploit their strengths, they need to become very practiced at working in unison.
Personal Calls at Work? Ha! – I had to make a doctor’s appointment for an annual check-up and ask for a prescription refill yesterday afternoon. Simple? Not where I work.
The Role of MobileDevices & Social Media in News Consumption
Expense-Account Tightwads Take Road Less Expensive – Traveling on business, these workers seek out cheap eats and bargain hotels, but do the bosses notice?
The Simple Math That Can Save Cities From Bankruptcy – Forget raising taxes or cutting services. If cities understood the economics of land use better, they might not need to do either.
Why Some Cities Lose When Others Win – Why some cities lose when others win.
Metro’s cemeteries program, recovering from troubling incidents, makes changes to ensure perpetual respect.
The 5 Biggest U.S. Infrastructure Projects Plus 5 at Risk – From Washington, D.C., to California, read about the five biggest projects in the country right now — and the five biggest ones in jeopardy.
Other voices: Southern Oregon city managers don’t come cheap – One thing’s certain after a couple of recent hirings in Southern Oregon: City managers don’t come cheap.
‘Parks and Recreation’s’ Ron Swanson: simply irresistible – We here in local government reporting have a deep abiding love for one show — Parks & Recreation. And one character in particular — Ron Swanson. This sums him up pretty well.
Inside the UGB
- Mayor Sam Adams praised ‘unusual’ financing on SoloPower, model now for Columbia Biogas: Portland City Hall roundup
- Letter to the Editor: Save Gladstone group using library to target city’s governing body
- Clackamas River Water raises rates 14.25 percent for next two years, approves $800,000 in cuts
- TriMet needs to make sure changes don’t leave some customers without options
- Oregon Sustainability Center’s funding and leadership fluctuates, putting project in doubt
- Amanda Fritz and Mary Nolan, candidates for Portland City Council, debate
- Lake Oswego to consider proposal banning lake entry from city-owned property
Outside the UGB
- Obama signs stop-gap transportation bill
- Local Government Blog: Keep track of Salem stream levels online
- Winners, losers in the news this week
- “Facebook Friday” by All politics is local | The Columbian
- State goes back to the future on film incentives
- Bainbridge deputy city manager willing to take on bigger role
- Sequim city manager scores an 8.58 in council’s review
- Contentious search for Bainbridge city manager turns cooperative
- Santa Ana’s top executive gets the hot potato