- March 14 ELGL Event in Bend
- 02.24.12 Knope of the Week
- 02.27.12 The Morning Buzz
- Damascus City Manager Makes Retirement Plans
- Why the gov’t should take an interest in Pinterest
- The Growth of the ELGL Blog
- 1st Day for New Benton County COO
- 02.27.12 The Afternoon Delight
- 02.27.12 The Morning Buzz
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Google+: The Oregonian
Broadway Streetscape Improvement Project – The final public event to be hosted by the Broadway Streetscape Design Project will be Monday, March 5, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the Beaverton History Center. Participants will have the opportunity to provide feedback on conceptual design options gathered from the Walking Tour and Forum!
City of Oregon City, Oregon – A Community Open House is happening tonight (Monday, Feb 27) from 5pm – 7pm at City Hall to introduce the Oregon City Transportation System Plan Update’s purpose, process, intended outcomes, and receive feedback on work completed thus far. Your comments matter! Let’s work together to improve our transportation system.
Ron Wyden Wants Your Questions – You have until Feb. 28 to submit your question. Signing up to Reddit is pretty painless—it takes about 10 seconds and doesn’t require and email address or access to your Facebook page.
Google+ vs Facebook: It’s No Contest – Google+ is a virtual ghost town compared with Facebook. PC users spent an average of about three minutes a month on Google+ between last September and January, versus six to seven hours on Facebook.
Raleigh’s Guerrilla Wayfinding Signs Deemed Illegal – People in other cities started contacting Matt Tomasulo, the grad-student mastermind behind the escapade, to figure out how to replicate it in their hometowns. In short, the project accomplished exactly what a good guerrilla campaign is supposed to: it got people buzzing (and, in this case, about the otherwise unexciting topic of walkability).
Cities Borrow From New York Pensions to Pay Them – Critics say the loans allowed governments in the state to put off dealing with soaring employee retirement costs.
Inside the UGB
- California company, Clackamas County compete for Blue Heron property in West Linn
- Six Workers For Every Available Job In Oregon
- Insufferable Portland?
Outside the UGB
- With negotiations on key bills continuing, it looks like the Oregon Legislature may continue past its Wednesday deadline
- House votes to increase ODOT authority to remove trees | Oregon Capitol News
- Why Are So Many Bend Streets Left in Dark? – News Story – KTVZ Bend
- Eugene councilors show support for plastic bag ban, urban goats
- City extends exclusion zone
- Josephine County Considering A Safety Levy
- Curry, Lane Counties Making Hard Budget Decisions