- Last Call for Feb. 9th Luncheon RSVP
- ELGL Conversation with Gov. Chris Gregoire
- ELGL Meets Pinterest
- 02.05.12 The Sunday Sermon
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Twitter: Oregon Humanities
Facebook: Y Tacoma
Portland Business Journal Survey: Oregon’s signature university? – Which is Oregon’s signature university?
Beaverton Community Vision – Don’t forget the Broadway Festival Street Design Workshop is tomorrow @ the History Center, 6pm. See you there!
Billboard corporations use money and influence to override your vote – In Salt Lake City and other Western communities, billboard companies battle local democracy by fighting attempts to regulate the giant signs.
Columbian.com – Ridgefield a city at a crossroad – Ridgefield is primed for development: lots of shovel-ready land close to wine country and the wildlife refuge. Can it become the next Wilsonville or Hillsboro? What would it take to create a vibrant economy there?
NCoC Research: Millenials Emerge as Top Users of the Internet to Participate in Everyday Civic Life – According to a recent survey from theCorporation for National and Community Service, a federal agency, and the nonprofit National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC), a majority of Americans were civic minded and engaged in their communities between 2008 and 2010.
Inside the UGB
- More direct flights from PDX to East Coast likely
- Clackamas County considers county gas tax, vehicle registration or road utility fees to fund maintenance
- City considers proposal to put more money in local credit unions
Outside the UGB
- Laird: Partisan crowds at political rodeos love their cowboys
- Could Oregon ‘Wave’ Hello to New Energy Source? – News Story – KTVZ Bend
- Wheeler discusses the Oregon Investment Act
- Council to hold infrastructure spending hearing
- C.O. lawmakers reflect on Suzanne Bonamici’s House election — the campaign and her earlier time in Salem
Join the ELGL Online Community