- Last Call for Feb. 9th Luncheon RSVP
- ELGL Conversation with Gov. Chris Gregoire
- Job Posting: Multnomah County Performance Auditor
- Job Posting: Washington County, Oregon
- Job Posting: Assistant City Manager, City of Bend
- 02.03.12 The Afternoon Delight
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Facebook: Oregon Zoo
Say Hey! to new Portlanders – Help us welcome new people to the Portland area by preparing welcome packets for February’s Say Hey! Meet up at Portland Business Alliance at 1 pm on Feb. 14 to prepare packets. To volunteer, contact Tehya Wood at 503-552-6764.
Portland Development Commission – Join us on Tuesday for a special announcement about Neighborhood Prosperity Initiative micro-districts that will help small businesses and commercial areas in east Portland
A Police Leader Runs Into Turbulence – Even admirers of Raymond W. Kelly, the longest serving police commissioner in New York City’s history, wonder if it may be time to let someone else lead the department.
How to Find the ‘Star Performer’ in Every Employee – In her new book, “Conversations for Creating Star Performers,” she offers examples and ten strategies to leverage conversations into game-changing moments for team members and your company
Inside the UGB
- New law undercuts TriMet’s effort to boost revenue through fare-cheat fines
- Gresham city manager and city attorney receive favorable evaluations
- Federal money allocated for eastern Oregon forest projects, to create more than 200 jobs
- Millions in state cuts, but not pet project of Portland mayor candidate Jefferson Smith
Outside the UGB
- Investing in Oregon | Editorial | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon
- Removing bones and vital organs from the Salem city budget
- Bill targets blurred line of contracts
- Oregon Rep. Dennis Richardson surveys employees; opponents call him ‘spam king’
- Olympia council ID’s downtown, public safety as major priorities
Join the ELGL Online Community