- Last Call for Feb. 9th Luncheon RSVP
- ELGL Conversation with Gov. Chris Gregoire
- Job Posting: Deputy City Administrator
- OMFOA Job Postings
- 02.02.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
- 02.02.12 The Afternoon Delight
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Milwaukie Baseball Stadium Community Discussion: First Milwaukie baseball citizen task force is Thursday Feb. 9th at 7:00 pm, St. Johns Episcopal Church, 2036 Southeast Jefferson Street. Come learn more about the proposed stadium!
ACTION ALERT: Defeat Proposed Change in Federal Funding for Public Transportation | nlc.org: Please contact your U.S. Representatives immediately, particularly if they sits on the House Ways and Means Committee, and urge them to defeat a proposal that would stop funding public transit programs out of the Highway Trust Fund and instead fund them through general revenues.
As small businesses are tasked to fuel economic recovery, who will finance their growth? Entrepreneurs are struggling to find veins of credit, even as the economy shows modest signs of improvement and small businesses are being challenged to fuel the nation’s recovery.
Newsflash: Two-Thirds of Tweets Boring, Says Study: A joint study by researchers at Carnegie Mellon, the Georgia Institute of Technology and MIT found that most people are only interested in about a third of the tweets they read — the rest are either instantly ignored or disliked.
Meetings Are Stand-Up Jobs Stand-up meetings are part of a fast-moving tech culture in which sitting has become synonymous with sloth.
Infrastructure Problems In U.S. Go Far Beyond Dollars Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire (D), who has visited Shanghai and other parts of China as part of her efforts to develop her state’s economy, told HuffPost “we see our infrastructure deteriorating and becoming inadequate in comparison to those we’re in competition with.”
Inside the UGB
- TriMet task force recommends new fare structure, increases
- Wilsonville awards $3.5 million contract for new SMART building
Outside the UGB
- Talent councilman keeps seat after DUII
- City debates role of religion at meetings
- Boldt talks about jobs, stormwater in State of the County
- Oregon AG John Kroger says he’ll sign on to multi-billion dollar foreclosure settlement
- Petition targets Douglas County Commissioner Laurance for recall
- What are the odds that Mayor Tim Leavitt will make a run for re-election?
Join the ELGL Online Community