- Last Call for Feb. 9th Luncheon RSVP
- ELGL Conversation with Gov. Chris Gregoire
- 02.02.12 The Morning Buzz
- Job Posting: Deputy City Administrator
- OMFOA Job Postings
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Facebook: Ralph Andersen & Associates
Citizen Involvement Recruitments – Clackamas County Water Environment Services, on behalf of the Surface Water Management Agency of Clackamas County (SWMACC), is seeking citizens to fill three vacancies on its Budget Committee beginning in spring 2012. Three three-year terms are available. Clackamas County Water Environment Services, on behalf of Clackamas County Service District No. 1 (CCSD #1), is seeking citizens to fill three vacancies on its Budget Committee beginning spring 2012. Three three-year terms are available.
City seeks volunteers to serve on boards, committees and commissions – The city of Eugene is seeking motivated citizens who embody the diverse backgrounds and interests of the community to voluntarily serve on city advisory boards, commissions, and committees.
With Jobs Already Lost in Trenton, Now They’ve Taken the Porcelain – These have been among the worst of times for Trenton, a once-proud industrial city that has struggled with grim finances, large-scale layoffs and rising crime. Now comes the latest indignity: The Brooklyn Museum demanded the return of its vase.
What Happens to a Small Town When Its Coal Plant Shuts Down? Andrzejewski says the city’s already in a bind because of the downturn in the economy, and more cuts to the budget will only make existing problems worse.
Why Every City Should Be Planting Rain Gardens – They save lots of money – and that’s just their most obvious benefit.
The Latest in Economic Development – 2.2.12 – This week’s blog entry explains new progress in entrepreneurial-focused federal legislation, explores the upward trend in U.S. exports, highlights Oklahoma City’s successful growth strategy, focuses on lessons learned from Michael Bloomberg and Cornell’s ambitious project, and discovers a startup that helps startups.
Why the Places We Live Make Us Happy – Are you happy? The place you live might have something to do with it. Do you love the place you live? If so, where is it?
Inside the UGB
- Oregon City commission OKs controversial land deal, putting 2 annexations on the May ballot
- Mayor Sam Adams promotes online television show about beer: Portland City Hall roundup
- Sherwood phone survey will ask about bond, levy for park improvements
- Consider city staff for position
- Portland police chief submits proposed budget, identifying 56 officer cuts and plan to reopen old SE Precinct to patrol
- Rob Solomon announces bid for Beaverton City Council
- Hope is we will disagree respectfully
Outside the UGB
- City leaders cut staff through layoffs, severance amid reorganization
- Economic vitality linked to friendliness, service
- Decision to remove Bainbridge city manager sparks council contention
- Columbian.com – Herrera Beutler tries to force CRC vote
- DeFazio loses fight for federal funding for bike, pedestrian programs
Join the ELGL Online Community