- Last Call for Feb. 9th Luncheon RSVP
- 01.31.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
- February Charity of Choice: Ride Connection
- 01.31.12 The Morning Buzz
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
It’s been nearly 900 days since the last surface transportation bill, SAFETEA-LU, expired.
Social Media in Hiring: Minimizing Legal Risks – In this month’s HR Advisor Column, Sofia D’Almeida Mabee, Employment Attorney, Summit Law Group, offers advice on minimizing risks associated with using social media sites as a source of information about job applicants during the hiring process.
Op-Ed contributor Dina Bakst writes, “Three-quarters of women now entering the work force will become pregnant on the job, yet gaps in our civil rights laws leave this enormous class without the right to the modest accommodations that would protect
The City of West Linn will be offering “Around the Table” with Councilor Teri Cummings between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on the following dates in the Bamboo Room at the City’s Library: February 6 February 13 February 27 March 5 March 12 March 19
For those who participated in the Walking Tour & Forum on January 17, the Design Workshop is the next step in the Broadway Streetscape Improvement Project. Be prepared to offer your feedback on the conceptual design on Monday, February 6, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the Beaverton History Center, 12412 SW Broadway.
The Seattle Times reports that the location for the event has yet to be determined, but the price tag is $1,000 per person, and $2,500 for a VIP photo opportunity with the former Massachusetts governor.
The State of Oregon Ballot Drop Box Map provides a listing of all official ballot drop sites across the state.
Please join our efforts by participating in an electronic survey to enhance the basin’s surface and stormwater program. Sign up for the survey panel at cleanwaterservices.org/survey/signup.
Led by nonprofit attorney and expert David Atkin, this session will address the importance of good governance and accountability
Inside the UGB
- Earl Blumenauer urges Portland mayoral candidates to ‘get into the weeds’: Portland City Hall roundup
- Oregon’s 1st Congressional District: Have you voted?
Outside the UGB
- Some Iowa Municipalities Struggle With State’s Open Meeting, Record Laws.
- Bainbridge Island city manager on her way out
- Salem addresses budget woes at community meeting
- Guns, wolves, liquor, gambling…and solar; Oregon Legislature’s in town
- House members line up their policy priorities
- Five great Legislative Ideas
- State workers upset about getting Rep. Richardson’s emails at home
- Rep. Richardson seeks your rational ideas to balance budget
- Mid-valley lawmakers offer bills in February session
- Demand more of officials, party leaders
- Columbian.com – In our view: A Trail Meant for Royalty