Intern for Greg Walden
Congressman Greg Walden of Oregon is seeking interns to start immediately in his Washington, D.C. office. Congressman Walden is a member of the House Republican leadership and the chairman of a very active subcommittee on Energy & Commerce, so the office is always very busy. Ideal candidates will be college students or recent graduates who are outgoing, proactive, hard-working, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, able to multi-task, and have a history of customer service. Interns will assist with many of the daily necessities related to constituent relations and legislative research. Although no two days are the same, an intern may be expected to attend and take notes at policy briefings, lead Capitol tours, answer phones, and assist in managing constituent correspondences and administrative operations. Interns will be immersed in the congressional process and their work will provide valuable experience for future endeavors. All interested applicants are encouraged to send their resume and cover letter to OR02internship@gmail.com .
The person in this internship position has the opportunity to:
- Work with a team of communications professionals in a collaborative environment.
- Write Web copy, articles and press releases;
- Market and expand DNR’s social networking sites (MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and a blog).
- Assist in training DNR staff to use social media tools;
- Provide experience in crisis communications during the end of fire season. DNR works with various media outlets to inform the public about the assortment of natural resource related issues including: geology, forestry, stream and Puget Sound restoration projects, fire prevention, recreation and environmental education.
This opportunity with DNR offers an intern valuable networking possibilities and on the job experience.