ELGL Member Services Coordinator
10 hours per week, $15 per hour
ELGL’s membership is growing! Since the organization’s inception, offering our members the chance to get involved and participate with the organization has been an important value, and as we grow we don’t want the size of the organization to get in the way of the personal experience. The ELGL Member Services Coordinator is a new part-time position designed as a work-study experience for a graduate student with an interest in local government or association management or as an opportunity for a local government leader in transition to contribute to ELGL.
The Member Services Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the ELGL database and assisting with membership recruitment initiatives. Weekly tasks to include troubleshooting membership and database issues, outreach to members on renewals, profile updates, and events, and general administrative work in ELGL’s association management software (Member365). This position reports to the ELGL Executive Director, and will participate in the monthly Board of Directors meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong understanding of databases, spreadsheets, and email
- Sense of humor and curiosity
- Interest in local government networking and service
- Meticulous attention to detail, with ability to work remotely
- Proficient in all file sharing concepts (e.g. Slack, G-Suite, DropBox, etc.)
- April 30: Online application available on ELGL.org
- May 14: Applications due
- May 24: Skype/Facetime interviews with selected applicants
- June 1: Work begins
- This position will work remotely; there is no ELGL office.
- Employee will track and report their hours weekly, with a monthly paycheck.
- Applicants must have a computer and internet access to complete the work.
- This position is designed for an experienced local government professional in transition looking for a way to contribute part-time to ELGL or for a current graduate student to give them the opportunity to actively grow and improve the ELGL network.
- Email Kirsten Wyatt with your questions; she will compile all Q&As on this page for your review.