ELGL is the fastest growing government network. We’re a big-tent family with more than 2,600 members from across the country. We are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in local government, embracing new technologies, and humanizing the profession through City Hall Selfie Day, GovLove podcast, and Knope of the Week.
Cartegraph’s software and services transform your city, county, or state into a high-performance government that’s more effective, efficient, and productive.
Goal of the Clarity Award: Recognize governments that are telling clear, compelling stories, and engaging their employees and/or their residents by moving the needle in measurable, actionable ways.
Eligibility: All governments and special districts regardless of size.
January 17 – Nomination period begins. (First 10 applicants receive ELGL swag.)
February 9 – Nomination period closes.
February 28 – Selection committee announces 10 to 15 finalists
March 1 to 19 – Voting begins for the top five stories. Points awarded for community input.
April – The finalists submit a short video and narrative describing their story. ELGL and Cartegraph will highlight each finalist on their website and social media.
May 18 – Each finalist will have the option of leading a five-minute pecha kucha presentation at #ELGL18.
May 18/19 – Clarity award winners announced at #ELGL18.
Selection Committee: The six-person committee will select the five Clarity award winners.
- Ben Brown, North Carolina League of Municipalities, Host of Municipal Equation podcast
- Jennifer Jones, Village of Oak Park, Illinois, Parking Supervisor
- Jessica VanderKolk, City of Battle Creek, Michigan, Communications Manager
- Kate Ernst, Cartegraph, Director of Marketing
- Mary McGuire, City of Boca Raton, Florida
- Nick Kittle, Cartegraph, Government Performance and Innovation Coach
Apply: The application is five questions. Individual responses should not exceed 500 words.
Award: The winners will receive:
- The ELGL/Cartegraph Clarity Trophy
- Lifetime membership to ELGL
- Free registration to #ELGL19
- Exposure on the ELGL GovLove podcast
- Tons of sweet Cartegraph items
- A single comp Cartegraph conference registration
Questions? Contact Kent Wyatt – email@example.com.