In today’s Buzz: Japan blows space garbage, The Huffington Post hates that conservatives don’t hate Lady Gaga, and Elizabeth Warren gets the boot!
The Buzz is brought to you by John Travolta’s crazy awesomeness, or awesome craziness.
What I’m Listening to – Heartbeats by Soft Sleep
What I’m Reading – 1776 (still!)
What I’m Watching – The People v. O.J. Simpson
Japan’s Ambitious Space Junk Experiment Ends in Failure A 700-meter cable failed to deploy and the spacecraft burned up in the atmosphere without getting a test under way.
The Joke’s On Conservatives Who Love Lady Gaga For ‘Not Getting Political’ Conservatives are applauding Lady Gaga for not taking the opportunity during the Superbowl Halftime Show to get political. And the Huffington Post can’t stand it.
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series: Strategies for Digital Cities – Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 12:00 pm
- Summit: PSU’s Elevating Impact Summit 2017 – Monday, February 13, 2017
- Webinar: The Art of Negotiation: Advice, Guidance, & Best Practices – Wednesday, February 15 at 9:00 am
- RSVP for the Lakewood, CO Supper Club – February 16 at 5:30 pm
- Conference: Ohio City Managers Association Winter Conference – February 22 to 24
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series: E-Permitting – March 9, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series: E-Purchasing – April 5, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Local Government Confidential
City Council names Scott Schubert permanent police chief Pittsburgh City Council unanimously approved Scott Schubert’s appointment as the permanent chief of the city’s Police Bureau this morning. But the comity lasted only a few moments before a dispute over his predecessor broke out.
Residency of City council candidate called into question Manny Pelaez, a local lawyer who is running for the District 8 City Council seat, is facing residency questions that could disqualify him from running for the office.