Today’s Buzz remembers a classic TV show, The Fall Guy!
Right Now w/ Ben DeClue
What I’m watching: Charlie Rose
What I’m doing: Reviewing my options
White House Says Obama’s Order On LGBTQ Rights Will Stay In Effect: President Trump “is determined to protect the rights of all Americans, including the LGBTQ community,” the White House says.
Boy Scouts Will Admit Transgender Boys: The Scouts’ leaders announced the policy change after an 8-year-old transgender boy was forced out of a New Jersey troop last fall.
- Introducing New Blog Series: Intersection of Faith and Public Service
- Rocky Mountain Supper Clubs
- Advice from The Man, The Myth, The Legend
- By the Numbers: Gender & Race in Local Government Leadership
- Webinar: Technology Efficiency Series: Strategies for Digital Cities – Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 12:00 pm
- Summit: PSU’s Elevating Impact Summit 2017 – Monday, February 13, 2017
- Webinar: The Art of Negotiation: Advice, Guidance, & Best Practices – Wednesday, February 15 at 9:00 am
- Conference: Ohio City Managers Association Winter Conference – February 22 to 24
- Cracks Appear in the Trump-Republican Alliance: President Trump’s uneasy alliance with his Republican majorities in Congress is beginning to teeter.
- Trump Set To Announce Supreme Court Nominee: The president has moved up his Supreme Court nominee announcement to Tuesday. He is expected to choose from one of three judges, any of whom would be a socially conservative voice on the court.
Tenn. Governor Seeks Free Community College For All Adults: The idea got a standing ovation at the governor’s State of the State address last night, with Democratic Leader Craig Fitzhugh saying, “Actually I had hoped that we would do that earlier.”
- Fact Or Fiction? Even When It Comes To Food, It’s Hard To Tell With Rasputin: Worshipful female followers fought for the Mad Monk’s leftover bread crusts. His infamous sweet tooth led to his death. Or did it? A century later, rumors about Russia’s czarina whisperer still swirl.
- Papers Offer a Peek at ISIS’ Drones, Lethal and Largely Off-the-Shelf: Documents found in Iraq and a recent surge in attacks show how the group has adapted readily accessible technology into a potentially effective new weapon.
Last Chance To Sign Up For Obamacare, For 2017 And Maybe Forever: People continue to enroll in Affordable Care Act coverage, even as huge questions loom about where millions of people will find health care in a year.
McCaskill questions Homeland Security chief as Trump’s travel ban engulfs Congress: With many of President Donald Trump’s nominees still awaiting Senate confirmation, Democrats from Missouri and Illinois had sharp questions about the president’s travel ban. Republicans, meanwhile, praised the moves as strengthening national security.
Missouri grants parent-led petition to audit Hazelwood School District: The state received 6,082 certified voter signatures for the audit, exceeding the 5,000 signature requirement.
Obamacare repeal through the eyes of St. Louis area residents: It’s been a blessing to some and a burden to others, but most agree they are anxious about what might replace the Affordable Care Act.
Washington University dean of students indicted on child pornography charge: Tuesday was supposed to be the final day of Carroll’s 36-year tenure at the university.
Pamela Hupp pleads not guilty to St. Charles County murder charge: Her trial was set for Oct. 3.
5 Democrats discuss stadium funding, role of police in first major St. Louis mayoral debate: The participants included Tishaura Jones, Lewis Reed, Antonio French, Jeffrey Boyd and Lyda Krewson.