- Smoker’s Shelters: A Hot New Design Frontier? A shelter designed specifically for smokers at Corinthian Gardens in Des Moines, IA has people talking. A refuge for smokers may be coming to a City near you. It almost makes smoking col again… almost.
- Five Cities, Five Solutions. Boston and New York are not the only cities innovating creating solutions to difficult problems. Park City, UT; Charlotte, NC; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; and Madison, WI are taking it upon themselves to be the new laboratories of democracy.
- SolarCity Snaps up Another Partner. SolarCity envisions solar panels on every roof. This week they got one step closer to that vision, partnering with Capital One. To date the firm has financed over $4 billion in solar power systems. Billion. With a B.
- Three Problems Talking Can’t Solve. Beware these three pitfalls when managing other people and building relationships.
- 26 Schools Could Close in Detroit. In the face of mounting debt, Detroit Public Schools may be forced to close 26 schools starting the next school year.
Dunkirk City Council approves “Complete Streets” plan. In an effort to boost safety for pedestrians while maintaining traffic flows and accessibility Dunkirk, NY has adopted an official Complete Streets policy.
Portlandia and Cascadia
South by Southwest