The Eugene School District is currently looking for a Director of Human Resources. This position is in charge of managing the hiring, support, and retention of a diverse staff. For details on the position read below and check out the complete job description: Director of Human Resources – Eugene SD.
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Enrollment: 16,000 students
Base Salary: $88,500 to $114,000 plus benefits
Closing Date: April 18, 2014 (but open until filled)
Start Date: July 1, 2014
— Eugene 4J Schools (@4Jschools) March 11, 2014
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of—and the ability to interpret and apply—federal, state and local laws, regulations, and codes related to employment.
- Knowledge of human resource management, including labor and employee relations, compensation, recruitment and selection, affirmative action and diversity, and employee services.
- Knowledge of organizational and management theories and practices; of the principles and practices of budget preparation and administration; and of the principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people including District administrators and supervisors, union representatives, representatives of other agencies and community groups, employees, and the public.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and exercise sound judgment.
- Skill in managing organizational budgets and forecasting resource needs; in consensus building and conflict resolution; in managing projects and providing leadership; and in directing professional, technical and administrative support staff.
- Ability to effectively represent the District in a variety of forums, including collective bargaining, administrative or legal proceedings, interagency and community meetings, and employee gatherings.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences; to exercise discretion in confidential and sensitive employee relations matters; and to act with courtesy and tact during stressful or confrontational situations.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in human resource management, public administration, business management or closely related field, required.
- Five (5) years of professional administrative and supervisory experience in human resource management, including experience in labor relations, performance and development, equity and inclusion, compensation, and recruitment and selection, required; OR
- Any combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, required.
- Facility in the Spanish language preferred, but not required.
The complete job description can be found here: Director of Human Resources – Eugene SD
— Eugene 4J Schools (@4Jschools) February 5, 2014
About the Eugene School District 4J
The district spans 155 square miles in Oregon’s southern Willamette Valley. Most of the city of Eugene (about 85 percent) lies inside 4J’s boundaries, as do the town of Coburg and a small part of Linn County. About 16,000 K–12 students attend 4J schools: 18 elementary school programs, a K–8 program, eight middle schools, four comprehensive high schools, an alternative high school focused on early college and career options, an international high school program on multiple campuses, and a life skills program. Among these programs are three K–12 language immersion programs in Spanish, French and Japanese, and a Spanish/English dual-immersion program at a neighborhood school. There also are four public charter schools in the district.
- Letter of Interest
- Completed Application Form
- Current resume
- Letters of Recommendation (3-5 dated within last 2 years)
For an application package contact the Search Consultant or the District Website. Submit completed application materials e-mail attachment to the Search Consultant.