Check out this top ten list from the Huffington Post. Do you agree or disagree with any of the items listed? Share your perspectives in the comments section, and we’ll share your thoughts in the next ELGL “High Five” email notice. And don’t forget to RSVP for the Vizify webinar on August 1 – learn how to control your online persona, which can directly affect your job search.
1. Google has replaced the resumé.
2. A summary of your work history is enough.
3. Social proof is a must.
4. Resumés and cover letters aren’t read on paper anymore.
5. Relationships come first, resumés second.
6. Employers only care about what they want.
8. Nouns are the new currency.
9. Everyone has a personal brand – yes, everyone.
10. Typing isn’t a skill anymore.