Apply now for the 2013 Chinook Institute, taking place in Turner, Oregon from October 6-11.
The Chinook Institute is a non-profit founded in 2010 that was designed to dig deep into leadership development by working with cutting edge theory and practice of leadership. Using the best examples and teaching techniques from academic, public, and private sector organizations, Chinook is focused on teaching profound leadership skills and learning from examples of what works.
The annual conference is a week long event that allows participants to be immersed in learning, the Institute includes 54 hours of structured learning time with day-long classes plus facilitated conversations in the evenings. There are 6 concepts that the Institute participants will probe deeply into:
- Individual Transformation and Leadership – Self-awareness of one’s leadership skills and strengths
- Understanding Profound Leadership – Insight into leading successfully through complex issues
- Creating and Leading Transformational Change – Moving organizations and communities through difficult change
- Reaching Agreements – Leadership through forging agreements is critical in the interconnected world
- Understanding the Importance of Leadership – Creating leadership motivation, passion, and drive
- Structures for Success – Understanding the power of relationships, vision, aspiration, focus, and especially, learning
For more information on this year’s Institute check out the Chinook Institute 2013 Brochure. Also go to their website. The Chinook class of about 35 people will be chosen from among the applicants by September. Applications are encouraged to be completed by July 15th.