May was the busiest month in the two year history of ELGL.org. We recorded 10,228 hits for the month, topping 9,409 hits in November 2012. Just two years ago, in May 2011, we received 351 hits.
Many thanks to everyone who visited the site, and especially those who spent hours upon hours re-clicking on our site.
A few other interesting tidbits:
133,929 and counting is the total number of hits in the history of ELGL.org.
The week of May 27 to June 2 was the busiest week ever with more than 2,500 hits.
Busiest day in site history (703 hits) occurred Friday, May 31. Thanks to the Oregonian staff for putting us over the top. Previous high was 653 hits.
While the majority of our readers reside in the good ol’ U.S of A, other readers reside in the United Kingdom, Australia, India, Philippines, Brazil, France, Mexico, and Germany.
Top search terms for reaching ELGL.org: ELGL, emerging local government leaders, funny local budget law, oregon emerging leaders, oregon elgl, and emerging leaders for oregon.
How do people reach ELGL.org? Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google Reader are the leading referrers.
Top posts of all-time:
- On the Public Record with Richard Florida, The Atlantic
- The Transition with Ben McCready, Assistant to the City Manager
- On Campus with the Carolina MPA Program
- On the Public Record with Bob O’Neill, ICMA Executive Director
- Part IV: A Passion for Public Service Headed to Chapel Hill
- The Transition with Joe Gall, City of Sherwood
- The Takeaway with Larry Patterson
- The Transition with Alex McIntyre, City of Menlo Park
- The Rest of the Story with Rob Gurwitt, How Generation X is Shaping Government
- The Assistant with David Donaldson, City of Lake Oswego
- On Campus with Northern Illinois University MPA Program