It may be Memorial Day weekend but Oregonian reporters Molly Harbinger and Heather Steeves are all over the chaos in Damascus. In sum, Baker resigns; councilor calls Damascus a “hellhole”, and taxpayers on hook for $320K severance for Baker.
Below is the OregonLive article:
Damascus City Manager Greg Baker resigned Friday after months of conflict with top city officials and will receive $321,619.66 in a negotiated settlement. Mayor Steve Spinnett and City Council President Andrew Jackman now face recalls because angered residents blame them for Baker’s departure.
Baker has not been in his office since Monday, and did not attend the emergency executive session or public meeting called Friday, with less than two hours notice. Baker and his attorney wanted the decision made Friday, instead of waiting for a meeting scheduled for Tuesday.
Continue reading: Damascus city manager resigns under pressure from city council
- Photos from ELGL Forum with Greg Baker
- Knope of the Week: Greg Baker, Damascus City Manager
- Agenda: Forum with Greg Baker, Damascus City Manager
- Can I Bum a Ride to the Forum with Greg Baker, Damascus City Manager?
- Meet Gregory Baker, future city manager of Damascus