So you are wondering who else is going to be in this Resume Book that I keep hearing about. Well to answer your question we are listing the organization and function for each of the resumes that have been submitted.
And to answer your other question, you do not have to be job searching to submit your resume. We are creating more of a “who’s who” in government – although it will be a tad more selective and less expensive than the “Who’s Who” book from back in the day that included everyone in your high school including those who had already dropped out.
Take some time in the next few days to update your resume that is probably saved in WordPerfect and submit it to ELGL with three bulletin points (if you are an ELGL member) highlighting your experience.
Resume Book Entries
- AmeriCorps VISTA, Coordinator
- Bonneville Power Administration, Finance
- Bonneville Power Administration, Trainee
- City of Beaverton, Administration
- City of Beaverton, Government Affairs
- City of Beaverton, Public Affairs
- City of Creswell, Administration
- City of the Dalles, Administration
- City of Lake Oswego, Administration
- City of Lake Oswego, Sustainability
- City of Milwaukie, Economic Development
- City of Monmouth, City Councilor
- City of Oregon City, Planning Commissioner
- City of Pittsburgh, Community Development
- City of Portland, Community Development
- City of Portland, Community Technology
- City of Portland, Finance
- City of Portland, PIO
- City of Portland, Planner
- City of Portland, Revenue
- City of Portland, Sustainability
- City of Saint Charles, MO, Law Enforcement
- City of Salem, Public Works
- City of Sherwood, Public Affairs
- City of Temecula, CA, Public Works
- City of West Linn, Administration
- City of Tigard, Administration
- City of Tigard, Finance
- Clackamas County, Finance
- Clackamas County, Community Development
- Clackamas County, Sustainability
- Consultant, Legal
- Department of Veteran Affairs, Public Affairs
- Direct Health Solutions Business Development, Analyst
- Drake University, Master of Public Administration
- Greater Portland Maine Council of Governments, Committee Member
- Housing Authority, Analyst
- Insurance Industry, Licensed Representative
- Lane Council of Governments, Planner
- Oregon Metro, Administration
- Oregon Metro, Program Coordinator
- Oregon Regional Acceleration and Incubation Network, Coordinator
- Oregon Rural Practice, Associate
- Portland Public Schools, Administration
- Portland State University, Master of Public Administration
- Sandwell Magistrates Court, Administration
- Second Administrative Judicial Region, Administration
- State of Oregon, Business and Employment
- State of Oregon, Legislative Committee
- Town of Cary, North Carolina, Parks and Recreation
- University of Colorado at Denver, Master of Public Administration
- University of Oregon Law School, Administration
- University of Oregon, Master of Public Administration
- University of North Carolina, Master of Public Administration
- University of Southern California, Master of Public Administration
- Walden University, Master of Public Administration
- Willamalane Park and Recreation District, Coordinator
- Willamette University, Master of Business Administration
ELGL is now accepting entries for the 2nd edition of the Resume Book. We encourage all ELGL members to submit a resume whether you are employed or you are looking for employment. Non-ELGL members can also submit a resume but members will receive priority placement in the book.
Here’s how it works.
Update your resume.
- ELGL members only – Submit three bullet points highlighting your career accomplishments or aspirations. (Visit Join ELGL to become a member.)
- Provide your submission via email to Megan Messmer, firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 8.
- The Resume Book will be published in mid-April and will be provided to the more than 100 organizations. This includes recruiting firms, cities, counties, state agencies, special districts, and etc.
- ELGL will issue the Five Minute Challenge to readers which encourages them to contact at least one person listed in the book as a way of networking or offering advice.
The first edition included 38 resumes from 12 different states. The entries came from working professionals, graduate students, and other aspiring local government professionals. For additional details on the first edition, visit the following link: It’s Here….the ELGL Resume Book. In conjunction with the book, we held a special forum with Ron Holifield, CEO of Strategic Government Resources who provided feedback on improving your resume.