Join ELGL: Students (free), individuals ($20), and organizations ($250)
Welcome New Members:
Erin Leaders, University of Alaska Anchorage/Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Legal Services Major & MPA Masters
Tamara Richards, City of Eugene, Executive Assistant
April 11: Greg Baker, Damascus City Manager
October 4: ELGL Annual Conference at the Kennedy School
The High Five
North Korea nuclear test confirmed: Pyongyang says it has successfully detonated a nuclear device in defiance of U.N. orders
- Gov. John Kitzhaber, business leaders throw support behind tuition equity bill: Bill would grant in-state tuition to undocumented Oregon students.
- Oregon GOP chairwoman’s bold prediction: Republicans will register 200,000 more voters
Drones coming to Clackamas and Corvallis airspace: As concerns over the use ofunmanned drone planes in the United States reach a feverish buzz, two more Oregon institutions are quietly adopting the technology.
Gay marriage supporters file two alternative initiatives for 2014 Oregon ballot: Basic Rights Oregon on Monday filed two prospective ballot measures with the state that are aimed at recognizing same-sex marriages in Oregon
I’m just a crime
The State of the Union
- CRC gets a hearing$6.4 million in one-time money is on the city hall chopping block Chief Joseph Elementary School spared from closing Portland to host United Nations conference on the environment
- Drones: Coming to Clackamas and Corvallis Airspace
- Hillsboro looks to Wilsonville for new plan to tap Willamette River for water
- West Linn, Lake Oswego ranked on a new list of the 100 safest U.S. cities
- Washington County Chair Andy Duyck hires political consultant
- On last day, former Transportation Bureau director offers up business plan: Portland City Hall roundup
- State commission gives Damascus council until August to approve land-use plan, or else
- Activists revive group to fight I-90 tolls
- Could these crazy intersections make us safer?
- Officials say use of force was justified not brutal
- Business owner announces run for Olympia council
- Eugene council to review tax proposals
- Letter: Public safety tax might be just the first of many new fees
- City is considering nuisance statutes
- Hermiston files to condemn land for EOTEC use
The Career Center
Graduates 1st job marketing themselves – THIS spring, college seniors are entering a better job market than the class of 2009 faced. Unfortunately, that is not saying much because 2009 was one of the worst years in the history of hiring.
The World Wide Web
Linkedin’s Clever Marketing tool: Did LinkedIn send you an email saying you had one of the top most viewed profiles of 2012? Congratulations! But wait, LinkedIn also sent that to 10 million other users. The business-centric social network came up with some clever marketing recently to get users to talk about LinkedIn on Facebook and Twitter.