This is a 12 month internship. To be considered for an intern position you must be a student enrolled in school during the term of employment. 2013 graduates will not be eligible for this internship unless documentation of continued educational classes (graduate school) can be provided.
Summary of Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate public meetings, organize and manage event materials, assist with children’s education and tour programs.
- Research and write articles for Port publications, particularly the online publication, Port Dispatch. Write web copy when necessary.
- Assist in organizing community outreach and education programs.
- Conduct research on aviation, marine and public involvement topics. Compile and track activities of projects and programs.
- Assist in with media and promotional events.
- Attend internal meetings and staff occasional evening and weekend events.