- 08.24.12 Knope of the Week – Pat Mobley
- Lightning Round with Norma Alley, City of Newberg
- The Monthly Development with Pat Mobley
- What’s Happening in September?
- 08.28.12 Your Morning Buzz
ELGL Forum with Charlie Hales, Portland Mayoral Candidate – Please join us on Thursday, September 13 at noon for an ELGL forum with Charlie Hales, Portland mayoral candidate.
Poll: A Side of Fluoride with Your Glass of Water? Do you favor adding fluoride to drinking water?
RSVP: ELGL Forum with Clackamas County Administrators Steve Wheeler, Nancy Newton and Laurel Butman – Please join us on Wednesday, September 19th at noon for an ELGL forum with Steve Wheeler, Clackamas County Administrator and his two Deputy County Administrators, Nancy Newton and Laurel Butman. The forum will be held in Clackamas County Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
Reedsport City Council names city manager candidates – The City Council has narrowed a pool of city manager candidates to four and could ultimately have plans for him to come on board by October.
County may buy underwater mortgages – A plan for San Bernardino County to save struggling homeowners using eminent domain has recently garnered national attention.
In New York, Toward a Harmony of Police and Cyclists – A bicycling advocate says both riders and cops must work to improve their relationship.
The Next Generation of DIY Urbanism Projects: So Much Cooler Than Parklets – Just wait til you see the PPPlanter on a street corner near you.
San Bernardino keeping proposed budget cuts secret – The city manager doesn’t plan to release her recommendations on how to cut 30 percent of the city’s budget until at least Wednesday’s scheduled City Council vote, potentially cutting time for public input.
5 Essential Tips To Make Your Social Profiles Resume-Ready – No matter your state of employment, even when you’re not actively in search of a job, your resume needs to stay in tip-top shape. That resume isn’t just on paper, it’s online too — because companies are increasingly more likely to peruse your profiles, your social media accounts are the true first impression.
Are You Cut Out to Be a Manager? These questions will help you decide whether you should and want to be a manager.
10 Reasons Why Some People Love What They Do – For the most part, these are the people that get up thinking about what’s going to happen at work that day, minus the impending sense of dread many of us have as we’re brushing our teeth. To the contrary, they wake up to a challenge – which is a nice segue into the first item on this list.
Inside the UGB
- Tigard City Council candidates complete filings
- Referendum filed against Clackamas County’s $19.9 million payment toward Portland-Milwaukie light rail
- Multnomah County land-use planning fees could jump under plan due for commissioners’ consideration
- Commentary: Don’t be fooled by Measure 3-401 — vote no
- Carpenters endorse Hales
Outside the UGB
- New Seattle program hopes to boost industrial investment
- Study: Washington spent $211 million on pot enforcement
- Audit finds fault with Clark County
- Dozen to seek Bend council seats this fall
- Will statewide pension reform help local governments reign in costs?
- Tacoma council OKs making it simpler to raise chickens in city
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Twitter: Cycle Oregon
Pinterest: Experience Everett
Google+: The Oregon Garden