The votes are in and the results have been tabulated: after a week of nominations and voting by our community, ELGL is thrilled to announce the winner of the Knope of the Week! As a reminder, The Knope of the Week honors individuals or groups who have done the most in the past week to advance the mission of ELGL.
Without further ado, the winner of the 34nd Knope of the Week goes to the . . . .
Interim City Manager, City of Lake Oswego
We recognize David Donaldson for contributions to ELGL and the local government profession. David, who is currently serving as interim city manager in Lake Oswego, brings a unique and valuable perspective from his workwith the cities of Wilsonville and Lake Oswego and with a private sector recruiting firm. City management is in David’s family as his father was a city manager for several large cities.
David has upheld the Lake Oswego commitment to the next generation through continuing to provide the Kincaid Scholarship and actively participating in discussions with other city managers on creating opportunities for the shining stars of local government. ELGL members have benefited from David’s attendance at a number of ELGL events and his willingness to discuss the skills needed to succeed in the profession.
Our sincere thanks to David and best wishes to him in his role as interim city manager.
Previous Knope of the Week Recipients
- Jeff Towery, City of Springfield Assistant City Manager and OCCMA President
- Barbara Roberts, Former Oregon Governor and Current Metro Councilor
- Laura Cleland, Association of Oregon Counties
- Heather Reagan, Nathan Reagan (Handy & Reagan) and Peter Watts (Jordan Ramis)
- MPA Graduates
- Dr. Thomas Potiowsky, Former State of Oregon Economist
- Dave Waffle, City of Beaverton Assistant Finance Director
- Joe Gall, City of Sherwood City Manager
- Governor Gregoire and Staff
- Umpqua Bank (Barbara Baker, Michelle Van Allen, Nancy Lloyd, Robert Cross)
- Jessica Struyk, PSU MPA, cities of Beaverton and Fairview
- Patrick Quinton, Portland Development Commission Executive Director
- Bryan Cosgrove (Wilsonville), Marty Wine (Tigard), Michael Brown (Hillsboro)
- Chris Workman, City of Veneta
- Portland Timbers (Mike Golub, Chelsey Cossey, Patti Peters, Amber Browne)
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Claire Oliver, West Linn Tidings
- Phil Keisling, Director of Portland State University Center for Public Service
- Geoff Pursinger, Tigard Times
- Ken Ray, Metro Senior Public Affairs Coordinator
- Alliance Resources Consulting, Colin Baenzinger and Associates, Strategic Government Resources, Waldron & Associates
- OMFOA Developing Professionals (Heidi Starks, Rhyan Van Horn, Toby LaFrance)
- Justin Cutler (LaPine Parks & Rec), Robyn Christie (Bend), Kirsten Wyatt (West Linn)
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet senior accountant
- ELGL Advisory Board
- Cate Schneider, Lake Oswego city recorder
- Alex McIntyre, Lake Oswego city manager
- Matt Bailing, Willamette graduate, ELGL data analyst
- Megan Messmer, PSU MPA student, City of Banks intern, City of Dayton intern
- Zoe Monahan, Sherwood assistant planner
- Rosalynn Greene, Clackamas County sustainability analyst and Karen Pearson, Clackamas County human resources program coordinator
- Kathy Mollusky, West Linn city recorder
- Jordan Wheeler, Lake Oswego assistant to the city manager