- 07.13.12 Knope of the Week
- The Lightning Round with Mark Stotik
- 3 Interview Questions That Reveal Everything
- 07.19.12 The Morning Buzz
- 07.19.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs (The Emmy Remix)
Forum with Jefferson Smith, Portland Mayoral Candidate – Please join us on Friday, September 28 at noon for an ELGL forum with Jefferson Smith, Portland mayoral candidate.
ELGL Forum with Ken Allen, Oregon AFSCME Exec. Dir. – Please join us on November 14, 2012 for an ELGL brown bag lunch with Ken Allen, Executive Director of Oregon AFSCME Council 75. Mr. Allen will discuss the challenges facing local governments and their employees from the union perspective.
Wanted: Oregonians who are passionate about public involvement – Metro is seeking volunteers to serve on the regional government’s new Public Engagement Review Committee. The committee will meet twice a year and serve as a key component of Metro’s ongoing efforts to develop and implement successful public engagement processes.
Mayors call for increased spending on infrastructure – The economies of the nation’s cities are starting to bounce back from the recession and grow again, but state and federal governments must increase their spending on infrastructure to help that growth continue, according to the U.S. Conference of Mayors, which released an economic report Thursday.
San Bernardino may need at least one year to emerge from bankruptcy – The next step in the city’s move toward filing for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection will be to prepare a short-term budget that will almost certainly call for a round of layoffs.
App detects, reports potholes – Boston officials are testing a smartphone app that allows drivers to automatically report the road hazards to the city as soon as they hear that unfortunate “thud.”
10 Reasons Why Your Brain Hates Long Business Meetings – Conventional agendas usually look like someone is trying to cram as many topics as possible in a one or two day period, because that’s exactly what someone is trying to do.
Telephone Interviews Conducted By HR Call For Preparation, Concentration and Quiet – It’s happened to many of us: We’re out and about and the cell phone rings, and an unfamiliar number pops up. Turns out it’s an HR official with one of the firms you applied to recently, and she wants to spend some time on the phone to learn more about you and your background. What now?
Inside the UGB
- Reducing the UGB makes good sense for Damascus
- Portland’s deal with TriMet for transit passes is a win for students and mayor
- Workshop urges cleaner air, water in addition to carbon reduction
- We hear you East Metro, loud and clear
- Portland balances urban forestry goals to preserve healthy tree canopy
Outside the UGB
- MP city manager heads to St. Helens
- Egli drops out of mayor’s race | Keizertimes
- Embattled Pacific mayor: ‘It’s mutiny. It’s mutiny.’
- White City vote set for November
- Former Tacoma economic development head Ryan Petty will join EDB staff Aug. 1
- Bend officials say city’s financial state ‘solid’
The Social Network
How to Use Your Email Newsletter to Lose Friends and Annoy People – Here are 12 ways guaranteed to get email subscribers clicking on the “unsubscribe” button.
Social Media: Risk Management – Forbes The Social Media Era has brought with it new risks for employers, in terms of privacy, confidentiality and employee loyalty.
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: BlueOregon, Multnomah Youth Commission Pinterest: Orange County Sanitation District Google+: CityImage Communications, The Cato Institute ELGL Facebook, ELGL Twitter, ELGL LinkedIn, ELGL Google+, ELGL Pinterest