The votes are in and the results have been tabulated: after a week of nominations and voting by our community, ELGL is thrilled to announce the winner of the Knope of the Week! As a reminder, The Knope of the Week honors individuals or groups who have done the most in the past week to advance the mission of ELGL.
Without further ado, the winner of the 33nd Knope of the Week goes to the . . . .
Assistant City Manager, City of Springfield
President, Oregon City/County Managers Association
Jeff Towery has shown a true commitment to the next generation of local government leaders during his term as president of Oregon City/County Manager’s Association (OCCMA). He has effectively put into action what has been talked about for years which is providing opportunities for young professionals in local government. So you might be asking, “What has Jeff done for me?” Here is your answer:
- Strengthened the relationship between ELGL and OCCMA.
- Championed the ELGL-Eugene chapter.
- Provided an opportunity at the OCCMA Conference for several young professionals with the City of Springfield to present their view of cross-generational relationships.
- Granted scholarships for the OCCMA Conference.
- Proactively sought the input and participation of underrepresented groups in OCCMA.
Thanks Jeff, and we look forward to continuing to work with you and OCCMA.
Previous Knope of the Week Recipients
- Barbara Roberts, Former Oregon Governor and Current Metro Councilor
- Laura Cleland, Association of Oregon Counties
- Heather Reagan, Nathan Reagan (Handy & Reagan) and Peter Watts (Jordan Ramis)
- MPA Graduates
- Dr. Thomas Potiowsky, Former State of Oregon Economist
- Dave Waffle, City of Beaverton Assistant Finance Director
- Joe Gall, City of Sherwood City Manager
- Governor Gregoire and Staff
- Umpqua Bank (Barbara Baker, Michelle Van Allen, Nancy Lloyd, Robert Cross)
- Jessica Struyk, PSU MPA, cities of Beaverton and Fairview
- Patrick Quinton, Portland Development Commission Executive Director
- Bryan Cosgrove (Wilsonville), Marty Wine (Tigard), Michael Brown (Hillsboro)
- Chris Workman, City of Veneta
- Portland Timbers (Mike Golub, Chelsey Cossey, Patti Peters, Amber Browne)
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Claire Oliver, West Linn Tidings
- Phil Keisling, Director of Portland State University Center for Public Service
- Geoff Pursinger, Tigard Times
- Ken Ray, Metro Senior Public Affairs Coordinator
- Alliance Resources Consulting, Colin Baenzinger and Associates, Strategic Government Resources, Waldron & Associates
- OMFOA Developing Professionals (Heidi Starks, Rhyan Van Horn, Toby LaFrance)
- Justin Cutler (LaPine Parks & Rec), Robyn Christie (Bend), Kirsten Wyatt (West Linn)
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet senior accountant
- ELGL Advisory Board
- Cate Schneider, Lake Oswego city recorder
- Alex McIntyre, Lake Oswego city manager
- Matt Bailing, Willamette graduate, ELGL data analyst
- Megan Messmer, PSU MPA student, City of Banks intern, City of Dayton intern
- Zoe Monahan, Sherwood assistant planner
- Rosalynn Greene, Clackamas County sustainability analyst and Karen Pearson, Clackamas County human resources program coordinator
- Kathy Mollusky, West Linn city recorder
- Jordan Wheeler, Lake Oswego assistant to the city manager