May 17, 2012
20085 NW Tanasbourne Drive, Hillsboro OR 97124
- 12:00 Introductions All
- 12:10 Speaker Barbara Baker, Umpqua Bank
Umpqua Bank has been named to FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for five years in a row. Barbara oversees all of Umpqua Bank’s human resources and training, as well as their culture, and will share her expertise in building and protecting a vibrant company culture as well as many other topics related to the environment at Umpqua.
Barbara is currently Executive Vice President of Cultural Enhancement at Umpqua Holdings. She oversees all culture, training and human resource functions for the financial services company and its subsidiaries, Umpqua Bank and Umpqua Investments. In the past 8 years, Barbara’s team of 25 has led Umpqua from 350 to over 2400 employees and to regional and national recognition. Fortune rated Umpqua in top 100 of Best companies to work for in 2010 for the fourth year in a row.
She was Vice President of Human Resources for the NW region of First Interstate Bank (now Wells Fargo) where she managed a five state employee relations team serving more than 8000 employees. She played a key role in two internal re-organizations and the 1996 acquisition by Wells Fargo. Barbara has served on the boards of the Portland Business Alliance, Portland Rose Society, Portland Rose Festival Association, Fruit and Flower Day Care, and Tri County Affirmative Action. She has a BA from George Fox University.
Upcoming ELGL Events
- May 18 Governor Christine Gregoire
- June 13 Dr. Tom Potiowsky, former State Economist
- July 12 Barbara Roberts, former governor of Oregon
- August 1 Sean Robbins, Greater Portland Inc.
- August 15 Bruce Goldberg, Oregon Health Authority Director
- September 19 Clackamas Co. Administrators – Steve Wheeler, Nancy Newton, Laurel Butman
- October 11 US Attorney Amanda Marshall, District of Oregon
- October 31 Adam Davis, DHM Research