- 04.27.12 Knope(s) of the Week
- It’s Coming…..
- Event Announcement: Bob Moore, Bob’s Red Mill – August 8
- Barbara Baker RSVP Request
- Submit Your Questions For Governor Gregoire
- Take a seat at Oregon’s Kitchen Table!
- 05.04.12 The Afternoon Delight
RationalSurvey – Survey 3308 – The Pew Research Center Internet is conducting an online survey of library patrons. We ask you to take the 15 minute survey to help us out. All responses are confidential. To take the survey, visit: http://libraries.pewinternet.org/participate/survey/e-book-borrowers. The information is being gathered for the Gates Foundation, a major contributor to public libraries across the nation.
TriMet TV: Taking Transit to the Trailhead – Portland has some of the finest urban natural areas in the country and a great transit system.
In Praise of Irrational Innovators – I love my three young children immensely. So it’s hard for me to be fully rational about them. Of course they are the smartest, the best looking, and the most athletic. I’m not alone — all parents are irrational. We lose sleep worrying about things we can’t control and take pride in ridiculously small achievements we had nothing to do with.
Don’t Like the Message? Maybe It’s the Messenger – We all like to think we can evaluate information and arguments rationally, regardless of where they come from. But we don’t.
- Wyatt Parno hired as Oregon City finance manager, replaces David Wimmer who retires June 30
- Tickle Creek Trail in Sandy is first of what city hopes will be many trails
- City Council agreement with police, fire unions means 2.9-percent raises
- ‘The Simpsons’ map of Portland (What other proof do you need that they’re Oregonians?)
- Grant helping to brighten downtown Gresham
- Wood Village proposes new utility fee
- House Candidate Fears Being Labeled a “Lobbyist”—Even Though She Is One
Outside the UGB
- UPDATE: Alternative light rail funding options may not pencil out …
- Shady Cove will refine water system proposal
- City planning summer fixes on busy paths
- Bellingham commission, staff recommend rejecting rezone request for Fairhaven Haggen
Advice: How to Market to Millennials — and How to Use Social Media to Get a First Job – In her blog, Lindsey offers her opinions on how to market to millennials like her.
How American Express Found Its Social Media Groove – American Express went from virtually zero social media presence in 2009 to being hailed by Advertising Age as the “real winner” at South By Southwest this year.
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Facebook: Marion-Polk Food Share
Twitter: Emily Gillespie
Pinterest: KIRO 7 Eyewitness News