- Save the Date: Happy New (Fiscal) Year Party is July 19
- ELGL in the Lake Oswego Review
- First 90 Days Q&A Summary
- 04.27.12 Knope(s) of the Week
- RSVP for ELGL Forum with Patrick Quinton, PDC Executive Director
- ELGL Triple Play for May
- What Your Pronouns Say About You (and Power)
- 04.30.12 The Afternoon Delight
Inaugural Meeting of ELGL-Eugene – Topic: Introduction to Emerging Local Government Leaders; Wednesday, May 2nd; 11:30 – 12:30, Café Yumm! RSVP to email@example.com.
Saving Our Communities and the Nation Starts from the Ground Up – I help lead one of America’s cities — Portland, Oregon. It is known for being a well-planned city. It’s not. At least, not as well as we want it to be. And not as well planned as every American city must be.
Staff, program cuts with Tigard’s 2012-13 budget proposal – Layoff notices have already been issued and six buy-outs have already been granted. In total, slashed work hours, eliminated vacant positions, and the layoffs will equate to the loss of 20.5 full-time jobs for the city.
Make Your Job More Meaningful – Work is a financial necessity for almost everyone, along with the sacrifices work sometimes demands. It can be drudgery. But work also can be fun and exciting. The competition can be energizing. Work can be an important and positive part of our lives.
Ben Franklin’s 14 Lessons For Getting Things Done – Benjamin Franklin was a man of action. Over his lifetime, his curiosity and passion fueled a diverse range of interests. He was a writer (often using a pseudonym), publisher, diplomat, inventor and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.
Workers, Take Off Your Headphones – But what about younger people just entering a traditional office environment? The necessary and artful tango between inner-directed and outward-focused, first chronicled in David Reisman’s landmark 1950 book The Lonely Crowd, has been problematically transformed by technology. There’s a new lonely crowd in the workplace.
New Studies Show: Buzzwords Aren’t the Problem — We Are – I’ll see you at the crossroads. From business to politics to romance, we’re ensnared in a web of buzzwords. How to escape?
Inside the UGB
- Hillsboro City Council will consider two street expansions
- Portland government has vacant space but signs outside leases with eye toward selling 1900 Building, building Oregon Sustainability Center
- Occupiers get clever with May Day flyers
- Former West Linn Mayor Jill Thorn dies at 68
- Eileen Brady, Charlie Hales and Jefferson Smith make case for Portland mayor in final TV debate (Full debate video)
- Clackamas County and Milwaukie reach sewer agreement
Outside the UGB
- No GOP candidates on the ballot, but the party has endorsed two write-in candidates for Attrny Gen and St Treasurer
- “How Our State’s Members Of Congress Voted Last Week” by Political Beat | The Columbian
- Judge: Ore. Should Deny Permit For McKenzie Water – News Story – KTVZ Bend
- Seattle awaits state’s vote to extend bar hours
- In Springfield, a challenge to the status quo
- Police Report: County commissioner candidate ‘person of interest’ in murder
- Creswell Behind on Filing Audits
In Social Media, Are You Rihanna or Beyonce? It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with Rihanna and Beyonce. I devour their every post on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr.
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Facebook: The Daily World