- RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum
- 04.13.12 Knope of the Week
- Inaugural Meeting of ELGL-Eugene
- Ask the Manager – The First 90 Days
- Disclosing Public Employee Pay
- Job Posting: Graduate Management Intern
- 04.18.12 The Morning Buzz
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Room One is hiring an Executive Director. For more information go to:www.roomone.org.
Good Neighbor Center – Are you looking for something worthwhile to do in your spare time? Well, we have a solution. Childcare is needed at Good Neighbor Center. Donate your time to help watch a child while a parent learns valuable information to help better their lives.
Good Neighbor Center – Intern needed at homeless shelter for summer school program.
Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Project: Get Involved – The monthly project Citizens Advisory Committee meeting takes place tomorrow evening. Agenda topics include construction updates.
Association of Washington Cities – Registration is open for the 2012 AWC Conference in Vancouver! If you’re a leader, this is where you need to be on June 19-22.
City of Wilsonville, Oregon – The Wilsonville Public Works Department invites you to an Open House! Join the staff in celebrating Public Works Week by attending the equipment display and bbq at the Fred Meyer parking lot on May 19 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Citizens interested in serving on the North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD) Advisory Board are requested to complete the following application form.
ICMA – International City/County Management Association – New Knowledge Network blog post: What does the future look like for the profession of local government managers? Share your comments. http://bit.ly/I2OpYZ
The Secret to Selling Your Company’s Message – Forbes – Want others to understand—and love—your brand as much as you do? The first step is honing in on your core messages and shaping them into a compelling mission statement. And we’ll show you exactly how to do it.
Software Association of Oregon’s new president, Skip Newberry, aims to boost the industry’s visibility
A return home for Gig Harbor’s new city administrator – It’s been said that you can’t go home again. Don’t tell that to Denny Richards, Gig Harbor’s new city administrator, who started his current gig on April 9. The former Kelso city manager has taken over the position from Rob Karlinsey, who will take the city manager position in Kenmore later this month.
Want to Improve Your City? There’s an App for That – Graffiti on your building? A broken traffic light? Wind-blown street lamp? Reach your government via smartphone with SeeClickFix to keep your city beautiful and safe.
Inside the UGB
- Anti-light rail petitioners fall short of signatures
- Beaverton Mayor Denny Doyle still in good stead with Nike
- Beaverton officials consider more standard discipline of pornography and public masturbation in city library
- Mayor Sam Adams spent $2.9 million on ‘Portland Plan’: Portland City Hall roundup
Outside the UGB
- Lehi hires new city administrator
- Pierce County: We Will Not Prosecute Randy Hynek
- NOLA Contractor to Plead Guilty in Kickback Scheme – Next American City
- Commissioners will not pursue controlled shooting ordinance
- Pasco City Council sets goals
- Oregon Secretary of State draws primary opponent, some criticism of how she’s doing the job
- Local figure sends email advice to private accounts of council members
- Interim hire discussion continues tonight. The topic has floated in limbo since last week’s candidate interview.
- City plans ‘off year’ for paving to accrue more tax revenue