The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Pinterest: Leslie Knope
A location has been set for the discussion forum with city managers from Tigard, Hillsboro, and Wilsonville. The focus of this luncheon will be the first 90 days of their tenure.
We will be meeting on April 26, 2012 at Cafe Allegro in Tigard. Lunch will include a selection from a set menu provided by Cafe Allegro similar to those we have had in the past. The cost per lunch will be $14 including your meal, beverage, and gratuity. An RSVP request will be sent out in early April to get a head count.
Expand Your Mentoring Network – Management Tip of the Day
Transparency is the New Leadership Imperative.
Trend of budget woes continue in Polk County – Shortfall of about $950,000 expected
Why don’t Americans walk more? The crisis of pedestrianism. A few years ago, at a highway safety conference in Savannah, Ga., I drifted into a conference room where a sign told me a “Pedestrian Safety” panel was being held.
Study: Just four jobs are worse than being a newspaper reporter.
Challenges in the New Era | icma.org – What ethical challenges have you faced in pursuing new ideas to create revenue to succeed?
What Cities Gain When Their Airports Are Close to Downtown – Just two of the 10 most remote major U.S. airports are connected by rail of any kind.
Inside the UGB
- APWA Professional Manager of the Year Award – Transportation | City of Oregon City
- Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Project: Economic Benefits
- TriMet unveils cuts to service, fare hikes for 2013
- Lessons from a rail rebellion
- Beaverton, Tigard councils say transit key to meeting state CO2 goals
- Widening of Tualatin-Sherwood Road at 99W expected
- West Linn resident Ron Le Blanc files for city council
- Beaverton candidate alleges Mayor Denny Doyle’s youth soccer club job posed conflict of interest
- Sources Say Playing the name game
- Troutdale mayor bucks local officials on state tax reform
- Tierney will seek re-election
- Contention and compromise in Virginia, Oregon tied chambers
- North Bend hires fired Mercer Island official
- City facing budget shortfall, cutbacks
- Ruling goes against Lebanon’s Weldon
- City manager a finalist for job in Oregon
- Medford seeks right fit for city manager
- City to vote on growing pot to pay off debt