- ELGL Central Oregon Meeting Announcement
- 04.06.12 Knope of the Week
- 04.11.12 The Morning Buzz
- Metro Internship
- RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum
- St. Louis County, Missouri Tackles the Age Gap in Government
- Oregon Economic Development Association Spring Conference
- A city manager search, Texas-style
- 04.12.12 The Morning Buzz
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
The Startup America Policy Challenge – In December 2011, the White House announced the Startup America Policy Challenge where federal government agencies challenged the American public to serve as entrepreneurial problem-solvers, identifying the best solution for administrative change to a particular public challenge.
Can You Land a Seaplane on Oswego Lake? Lake Oswego’s city council made it a crime to go from a public park to a public lake last week.
Do Gated Communities Threaten Society? The neighborhood where Trayvon Martin died is the kind of place where people choose to live when they want to be safe – from crime, from outsiders, from economic uncertainty. Of course, it doesn’t always work that way.
Big Box Stores Linked To the Presence of Hate Groups – New research suggests that stores like Walmart may undermine the social capital of communities.
Your organization may have Facebook and Twitter, but will it take the plunge into Pinterest?
Inside the UGB
- Disability fund for Portland police and firefighters makes significant cost-cutting strides
- MPAC discussion shows climate project starting to come together
- City of Cornelius facing a nasty lawsuit alleging its police department of wrongful arrest
- Polling says region’s voters could support natural areas levy
- Hillsboro library expansion, renovation could begin next fiscal year
- Meet your government: Hillsboro’s Public Works crews keep streets clean and clear
Outside the UGB
- Should the sewer bureau pay for a Forest Park ranger
- AG race: Dwight Holton leads in fundraising against Ellen Rosenblum
- EmX foes spread message by bus
- Report says Oregon leads way on evaluating effectiveness of tax incentives
- Pair of Olympia planning board members angry over losing seats
- Bainbridge Island, Wash., bans plastic bags
- State grants $1 million to help transform Vancouver’s waterfront – an economic catalyst for jobs