The votes are in and the results have been tabulated: after a week of nominations and voting by our community, ELGL is thrilled to announce the winner of the Knope of the Week! As a reminder, The Knope of the Week honors individuals or groups who have done the most in the past week to advance the mission of ELGL.
Without further ado, the winner of the 15th Knope of the Week goes to the . . . .
Geoff Pursinger, Tigard Times Reporter
Geoff’s recent article about the Emerging Local Government Leaders network led to our highest blog readership numbers to date. Geoff helped share information about ELGL, which allows us to grow our membership and to encourage more of our peers in local government to join ELGL and share their knowledge and expertise with our network. Geoff did an excellent job profiling the organization, and sharing the mission of ELGL. Many thanks to Geoff for his clear and concise writing, and for sharing information with the community about ELGL! Follow Geoff on Twitter or read his stories online.
Previous Knope of the Week Recipients
- Ken Ray, Metro Senior Public Affairs Coordinator
- Alliance Resources Consulting, Colin Baenzinger and Associates, Strategic Government Resources, Waldron & Associates
- OMFOA Developing Professionals (Heidi Starks, Rhyan Van Horn, Toby LaFrance)
- Justin Cutler (LaPine Parks & Rec), Robyn Christie (Bend), Kirsten Wyatt (West Linn)
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet senior accountant
- ELGL Advisory Board
- Cate Schneider, Lake Oswego city recorder
- Alex McIntyre, Lake Oswego city manager
- Matt Bailing, Willamette graduate, ELGL data analyst
- Megan Messmer, PSU MPA student, City of Banks intern, City of Dayton intern
- Zoe Monahan, Sherwood assistant planner
- Rosalynn Greene, Clackamas County sustainability analyst and Karen Pearson, Clackamas County human resources program coordinator
- Kathy Mollusky, West Linn city recorder
- Jordan Wheeler, Lake Oswego assistant to the city manager