- March 14 ELGL Event in Bend
- 02.24.12 Knope of the Week
- Why the gov’t should take an interest in Pinterest
- The Growth of the ELGL Blog
- Job Posting: Portland State University – Associate Vice President, Budget and Planning
- 3CMA Savvy Awards
- Only Elected Regional Government in the U.S.
- City weighs paper vs. iPad
- 03.01.12 The Morning Buzz
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Google+: The Seattle Times
Pinterest: Pantheon Books
Clackamas County Community Survey – Online poll measures public opinion on county services and initiatives.
City of Vancouver invites applications for a position on the Clark County Arts Commission
Building Leaders in Your Organization – Internal Training Programs – Leadership development is a primary objective for most local governments.
Clackamas County, Oregon – Clackamas County accepting nominations for 2012 citizen award.
Congress Shouldn’t Act as a National Zoning Board – Seven years after the Supreme Court affirmed the right of cities to use eminent domain to secure land for proposed private commercial development, and after more than 40 States that have reassessed and limited their own state eminent domain laws in response, a bipartisan group of federal lawmakers is still seeking to legislatively overturn the decision in Kelo.
GAO: Overlapping government programs cost billions – The 428-page study by the Government Accountability Office details several significant cases of duplication, overlap or lack of coordination between agencies and programs.
Inside the UGB