- March 14 ELGL Event in Bend
- 02.24.12 Knope of the Week
- Why the gov’t should take an interest in Pinterest
- The Growth of the ELGL Blog
- Governors Have Few Answers for Cities
- 02.29.12 The (Extra) Morning Buzz
- Job Posting: Portland State University – Associate Vice President, Budget and Planning
- Job Posting: Deputy City Manager
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Google+: KPTV FOX 12 Oregon
Pinterest: NBC Nightly News
Economic Development for Central Oregon – EDCO – Economic Development for C.O.’s Annual Luncheon takes place Friday, March 9th at the Riverhouse Convention Center from 11am to 1:30pm. Great networking & a wonderful way to learn more about economic development on the ground as EDCO. Call 541-388-3236 or visit www.edcoinfo.com to register.
Public Communications Workshop 2012 – Communications pros! Join us April 12 fot a one dau training. Get tools to engage and motivate your community.
The Fund for the Public Interest – Leadership Positions With The Fund – we’re hiring Citizen Outreach Directors to run our grassroots campaign offices across the country next fall — working on behalf of groups like the Environment America, the Human Rights Campaign and US PIRG. We are looking for smart, motivated students who want to get their hands dirty and make a real impact on some of the most critical issues facing our society. If you are interested in applying, visit our website at www.fundjobs.org, or contact me directly – 503-231-6679, email@example.com .
Kickstarting Urban Renewal with an Underground Park – Cities – GOOD – If you go up, go down. Meet the High Line’s future (we hope!) counterpart.
First step toward bankruptcy? – STOCKTON – The City Council late Tuesday extended Stockton’s fiscal emergency into a third year, agreed to suspend payments to creditors, and entered a mediation period, which may be the first step toward bankruptcy.
Is Government Consolidation Always Good? – In tight times, governments push for more centralization. But it doesn’t always produce the positive results that are hoped for.
Embracing Google Earth – Five years ago, Google Earth worried government officials. But agencies have since realized that the benefits of high-resolution, up-to-date imagery of our Earth outweigh the risks.
Harnessing the Power of Community Collaborations – Use Seven Tools to Get Results
Does Light Rail Really Alleviate Highway Congestion? – At the very least, it seems to slow the rise of highway traffic, according to a new report.
Inside the UGB
- County outlook brightens – Washington County remains the ‘economic engine’ of the state of Oregon
- Cities, county are in very good shape
- Council pushes to bring farmlands into city
- Occupy Portland takes aim at Oregon Republican legislator
- Oregon City-West Linn Arch Bridge upgrade still on schedule says project manager
Outside the UGB
- Oregon Legislature won’t meet goal to close session today
- Sunnyside interviews three interim city manager candidates
- Rural legislators fear Oregon State Police cuts would hurt public safety in their districts
- Stockton, Calif., Moves Closer to Bankruptcy
- Kelso city manager stepping down