- March 14 ELGL Event in Bend
- October Luncheon: Adam Davis
- 02.24.12 The Morning Buzz
- 02.24.12 Knope of the Week
- Don’t Miss an ELGL Event!
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Twitter: Next American City
Facebook: PDX City Hall Watch by The Oregonian
City of Redmond Washington – The City has two openings on the Parks and Trails Commission. One must be filled by a resident within the city limits of Redmond and the other must be filled by a resident living outside Redmond’s city limits, but with a Redmond address. If you fit that criteria and think Redmond’s parks, recreation and trails are high priorities, you are invited to apply.
Homeless Shelter | Families | Portland, OR | Support | Donate Goods – Going Shopping? Pick up a few extra items to DONATE to the homeless shelter.
City of Shoreline, WA : Tobacco Free Parks – Today is the last day to take our Tobacco Free Parks survey. Please give us your opinion on the prohibition of smoking and tobacco use in Shoreline parks.
For Cities With Water Shortages, Don’t Blame It On The Rain – Though many places around the country barely have enough to drink, they’re ignoring a massive free source of water: the stuff up in the clouds, which could fulfill almost all of our water needs if we just used it right.
Do Bike Paths Promote Bike Riding? – The “fundamental law of road congestion” tells us that building roads creates traffic. There’s such a latent demand for space on the highway that no sooner does it appear than it’s filled. But whether or not a similar law applies to bike paths and bike lanes remains a mystery.
End of the Roads: When Highway Removal Works – Like many steps forward in urban policy, the idea of removing highways has always faced its share of detractors.
It’s Not a Fairytale: Seattle to Build Nation’s First Food Forest | TakePart – News, Culture, Video – Seattle’s vision of an urban food oasis is going forward. A seven-acre plot of land in the city’s Beacon Hill neighborhood will be planted with hundreds of different kinds of edibles: walnut and chestnut trees; blueberry and raspberry bushes; fruit trees, including apples and pears
Cities merge police agencies in light of budget realities – For more than a century, one of this town’s proudest assets was its police department.
Inside the UGB
- Beaverton considers extending time limits for parking on Broadway downtown
- Portland employees push for autism coverage: Portland City Hall roundup
- Portland prepares to formally oppose alcohol sales at Cartlandia
Outside the UGB
- Tacoma News Tribune: Gig Harbor city administrator to leave for Kenmore job
- Pendleton businesswoman Maryl Graybeal Featherstone announces campaign for state Senate
- Oregon passes Facebook fix. What it means for Apple
- With bills stalled, Kitzhaber steps up pressure on lawmakers
- National Journal: Jeff Merkley at top of ‘most liberal senator’ ranking
ELGL Social Networking Community