- March 14 ELGL Event in Bend
- 02.17.12 Knope of the Week
- 02.22.12 The Morning Buzz
- Ask A Millennial at OMFOA Conference
- Latest on House Bill 4090: Urban Services
- October Luncheon: Adam Davis
- 02.22.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs (The Birds Remix)
- 02.22.12 The Afternoon Delight
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Volunteers needed for a park restoration project set for March 17 – Volunteers needed to help her restore the Little Woodrose Nature Park.
City of Fife, Washington – Join us for the Shoreline Master Plan Open House on March 5th.
Communicating Planning Project Initiatives & Achievements – This article is part of our Cyburbia series, featuring interesting conversations and perspectives from planners in the trenches on public engagement challenges they face in their daily work.
Can we harness the Internet to collaboratively write better laws? – A new platform called Madison seeks to bring more voices to the table, but a few design flaws mar the whole effort.
Are You As Busy As You Think? – We all have the same 168 hours per week, but since time passes whether we acknowledge it or not, we seldom think through exactly how we’re spending our hours.
Reward Value, Not Face Time – Tony Schwartz – Harvard Business Review – “My manager expects me to be at my desk from 9 to 5,” a highly successful salesperson lamented during a break at a session I was delivering at a progressive company in Silicon Valley.
The Hard Side of Change Management -Two out of every three transformation programs fail. Why? Companies overemphasize the soft side of change: leadership style, corporate culture, employee motivation.
Inside the UGB
- Republicans finish Arizona debate; will there be another GOP debate in Portland?
- Washington County: Preserving a place worth fighting over
- Council majority prefers to keep ‘status quo’ on access to Oswego Lake
- Oswego Lake: It is private — or is it?
- West Linn explores new revenue streams
- Police overtime costs city about $2 million for protests
- Homecoming for Bonamici
- New Oregon City official to build ‘bridge’ after recall
Outside the UGB
- Do sunset commissions exist in other states, Congress? PolitiFact Oregon
- Developers highlight designs for affordable housing project in downtown Beaverton
- Citizen panel reveals proposed Tacoma Narrows bridge toll hikes
- Eugene city manager’s budget proposal includes major cuts
- Eugene City Council Examines Downtown Safety Zone
ELGL Social Networking Community