Jared Townsley took this photo after having reached the summit of Mt Hood. This is one of the final photos he took in his short life, and like everything he did – it is perfect
- ELGL Meets Pinterest
- 1,000 Friends of Oregon Internship
- August 15, 2012 Luncheon: Bruce Goldberg, OHA
- Meeting Agenda: Neil McFarlane, TriMet General Manager
- Job Posting: Finance Director, Oregon City
- 02.08.12 The Morning Buzz
Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Twitter: Suzanne Bonamici
City of Tigard > City Hall > Boards and Committees > Intergovernmental Water Board – Get Involved: Apply by 2/13 for a position on the Intergovernmental Water Board (IWB)
Hillsboro 2020 Vision – Save the date! June 12th: Hillsboro 2020 Vision Town Hall and season opening of Tuesday Marketplace
City of Lakewood, Washington – Marketing to the Federal Government – Effective Strategies for Business, February 28, 2012 9:00 – 11:30am, Lakewood City Hall Council Chambers
Sen. Merkley Town Halls – Sen. Merkley will hold 8 town halls on February 18-22. Find out if he is visiting a town near you.
11th Annual Heart of the Community Awards Inspire Volunteerism » Portland Society Page – Portland, February 7th. The vibrant volunteer network, Hands On Greater Portland joined forces with the Portland Trail Blazers to honor some of the city’s most outstanding volunteers
TriMet: Our Initial Budget Proposal – We just released our initial proposal for addressing an expected $17 million budget gap. It calls for some big changes, including a fare increase, a transition to one-way/round-trip tickets, and the elimination of zones (including the Free Rail Zone), as well as some cuts to bus and MAX service. Once again, we want your feedback. You can weigh in using the form on the page linked below.
TriMet budget plan: Longer waits, higher fares, no ‘short hopper’ trips, no Free Rail Zone – Stuck in the mud of yet another budget crisis, TriMet on Wednesday morning proposed sweeping changes that would require higher fares, longer waits at stops and more transfers for riders. “Low ridership” trips on 26 bus routes would be eliminated and 14 lines combined.
TriMet’s proposed service cuts, changes: The full list – On Wednesday morning, TriMet unveiled a slate of proposed bus service reductions that it hopes will help it leave its latest budget crisis in the dust.
Hey City Leaders- Embrace Civic Engagement For Your Communities | Economics of Place – Not long ago, the Michigan Municipal League gathered together some of the state’s most thoughtful thinkers to talk about a new transportation vision for Michigan.
10 Totally Vulnerable Company Towns – We took a look at 10 cities and towns that either are or could become at risk because of their dependency on a single company or specific industry.
What the latest numbers on city segregation don’t tell us – The Urban Institute just released rankings of the U.S.’s 100 largest metro areas by black-white and Latino-white inequality. Using Census data, they gave scores for five factors: residential segregation, neighborhood affluence (for the average black, Latino, and non-Hispanic white), public school quality (for the average black, Latino, and non-Hispanic white student), employment (among working-age adults) and homeownership.
Inside the UGB
- Gresham council approves healthy living policies
- Gresham council struggles with vacancy charter language
- Metro Council heads toward unprecedented enforcement action against Troutdale
- Beaverton City Council hears neighbors ‘ appeals on Peterkort development, stands by zoning changes
- Tips On Working With Elected Leaders
Outside the UGB
- Fixing Yakima’s streets — $20 car-tab fee a road map to repairs? | Yakima Herald-Republic
- Oregon state economic forecast: Tax revenues down another $35 million
- City Council looks at employee pay scale study
- EDCO Hires New Bend Biz Development Manager
- Four Lakewood city employees will be laid off to help plug budget gap
- Tacoma council won’t end funding for events amid budget shortfall
- Oregon SOS selects state’s presidential primary candidates for the ballot
- Washington state House poised to pass gay marriage bill
- Supporters of OR Investment Act focus on coordination, new business
Join the ELGL Online Community