The Forest Grove Sustainability Award Program is being initiated and organized by current partners Adelante Mujeres, the Forest Grove Chamber of Commerce and is looking for other partners to spearhead this exciting effort. The award will celebrate the work local businesses are doing to be more environmentally sustainable and socially just.
The work study employee, intern or volunteer will work with a small team of staff, volunteers and community members to help:
- Research other sustainability award programs organized by cities.
- Create a working definition for sustainability beyond green, recycling and waste reduction.
- Facilitate outreach to local business owners and the greater community on the nomination process.
- Conduct outreach and education to local business owners on profitable steps they can take to be more sustainable.
- Provide business owners with access to additional sustainability tools and opportunities through partner organizations.
- Create networking opportunities and locate resources for businesses wishing to learn about and share sustainable business practices.
- Help develop a nomination form
- Research ideas for an inexpensive, unique and fun award
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the first annual sustainability awards program
- A passion for and basic understanding of sustainability and social justice.
- Experience working with internet research
- Comfortable meeting new people and public speaking.
- Basic business knowledge and an interest in building a sustainable local business community.
Location: Forest Grove
Times/days: Flexible times and dates
Commitment: Flexible, we estimate the work may involve 10-15 hours a month over the academic year
Contact: Kati Mayfield (email@example.com)